Forums
May 19, 2024, 07:05 AM

Author Topic: TRL Season 32 Playoffs  (Read 342 times)

Offline TheKomodo

TRL Season 32 Playoffs
« on: April 30, 2024, 09:09 PM »
Quarterfinals

[1] TheWalrus vs [8] Peja
[2] Sbaffo vs [7] Triad
[3] Camper vs [6] Jago
[4] tita vs [5] Ledan

Semifinals

??? vs ???
??? vs ???

Grand Final

??? vs ???

3rd Place Final

??? vs ???

You can view the TRL Season 32 Playoffs bracket here:

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/TRL-playoffs/

1st place - £75
2nd place - £25

Good luck!

Don't worry about streaming the quarter finals, just Semi Finals, Grand Finals and 3rd Place must be streamed.

Offline tita

Re: TRL Season 32 Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 10:41 PM »
Hi Ledan, can u play saturday?  19:00GMT is ok 4 you?

Offline tita

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 05:52 AM »
Ok, I sent a private message to ledan here through tus several days ago and there was no response from ledan.

I posted it here on the forum too and I couldn't find it.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 05:58 AM »
Deadlines will be similar to normal TUS Leagues so there's no rush really.

However, the sooner you play and finish the sooner you will get paid for winning! 8)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 04:11 PM »
REMINDER ABOUT TRL PLAYOFF STREAMS:

The TRL Playoffs matches from Semi-Finals and onwards must be organized in advanced and streamed.

Some players had won their Quarter Finals already so I messaged them on Discord to remind them to organize their Semi Final in advance so it can be streamed. One of them told me they had already played one of the games and I explained it will be void and will need to be replayed so that it can be streamed. They did not like the news that they would have to play again and we got into a bit of an argument.

It is mandatory for the TRL Playoffs to be streamed as written way back in February and approved by MonkeyIsland:

12th February 2024 - https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/new-league-using-trl-as-a-test-drive-starting-1st-march-2024-36443/

1st March 2024 - https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/multi-trl-season-started-36522/

Neither of those posts were edited after the day on which they were posted.

I'm only interested in Semi-Finals onwards, not even Quarter Finals, that's like 4 matches total... I'm not asking much for giving up £100 of my own money.

Now here's the thing... If any of you have a serious issue with having your match streamed then there is only 1 solution:

If you and your opponent agree to forfeit the prize money, you can both play without streaming. However, if your opponent is trying to organize the match for streaming and you are refusing, then you will be replaced by another player, the next player in line or the player already finished but ranked highest, for example, if it's the Grand Final, then the Bronze match winner will replace the player refusing to play in the Grand Final.

Cash prizes are not possible without the overall support and hype that streaming generates, including donations from viewers which goes back into the stream and prize money for TRL/Cups.

Remember, this is Leagueception, it's a league within a league within a league... It's CWA within TUS within TRL.

We're lucky that TRL was already there and suitable for this idea to be implemented and nobody was actively using it already.

Without streaming, there is no consistent cash prize event. Without streaming, there is no incentive for me to even be involved.

It's not like you even have to put much effort into it anyway, I'm the one doing all the work related to organizing and streaming, MonkeyIsland does all the work managing the actual League system on TUS. All you have to do, is show up and play at an arranged time lol. Surely that's not asking too much to contribute towards creating a fun and reliable league with pocket money prizes?