Forums
May 15, 2024, 04:35 AM

Author Topic: Elite Map problems  (Read 5309 times)

Offline nino

Re: Elite Map problems
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 01:32 AM »
Do you have the map complexity slider thing set to maximum, nino? It's the thing marked with number 25 in this guide:

http://worms2d.info/Map_Editor_Guide

I'm usually able to generate really nice maps, especially after I reseed the objects a few times. The NNN guys don't even do that, they just click on the map preview in the host/join lobby, and the maps used in this year's CWT have been mostly great anyway. Really shouldn't be a problem, it doesn't take me more than a minute or two, even though I'm really really picky when it comes to maps.

actually it was seted on 0 hauhuaha iam a stupid puto xD after i seted to max it showed...hmm better maps ye, kinda like i used to play, but iam sure 87% of peoples would not agree to play  in maps like this nowadays  :D

and about cr8, i was always against cr8 in elite, without cr8, less lucky, which in elite it is almost 0 anyway as it is today.

imo the scheme is perfect as it is.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:35 AM by nino »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline avirex

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 03:23 AM »
the only luck in elite is the mines and barrels.....    they should be removed if you want a total skillfull game....

speaking of skillfull games, w2roper ftw :D

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Ahahah, nino. Glad you found it at last, then! But make sure to put both little arrows to the far right side when making Elite maps, that way the game will only generate them with 100% complexity. If you leave one arrow at the far left, that'll make them anywhere from 0% to 100% complexity, which makes finding a good one take longer.

This is very off topic yeah, but do you still honestly find this a good way to run a league, KRD?

Honestly? I think if you went and read that thread now, with the 5+ years of extra emotional maturity and 20/20 hindsight vision, you'd probably end up agreeing that for a solution which had to be figured out pretty quickly (before FB was simply shut down on account of not being the least bit satisfying to develop and moderate anymore), it was actually pretty damn visionary. The ideas behind the system were the most democratic any Worms league has ever tried to implement and above all, it was a group effort. If you're still seeing malice and lust for power in there after all this time, you must be holding internet's longest grudge ever, heh.

We'll never know how things actually would have panned out if the idea had been given a proper chance, but I think it's pretty clear from reading that thread that the intention was specifically to improve the atmosphere in the entire community, with (too) little regard for the well being of the league itself. I really just fail to see why you would point that out as an example of Kiros being insane, especially since it was clearly stated at the time that the whole point of it was to lift the weight of decision making off him, Flamie and X101, letting them work on the website itself.

But yeah, let's do this over tea/coffee sometime, in private. It's not really relevant enough anymore, especially not in the Maps subforum of TUS, but I find it hard not to defend misunderstood ideas, especially old ones! I'm intentionally not responding to the stuff about crates being taken out of Elite here because that's probably even less relevant now. It's not like anyone's going to try and put them back in, right? Right?!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:17 AM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline Rok

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 09:25 AM »
This is very off topic yeah, but do you still honestly find this a good way to run a league, KRD?

Honestly? I think if you went and read that thread now, with the 5+ years of extra emotional maturity and 20/20 hindsight vision, you'd probably end up agreeing that for a solution which had to be figured out pretty quickly (before FB was simply shut down on account of not being the least bit satisfying to develop and moderate anymore), it was actually pretty damn visionary.,

What a lovely read this thread was, thx Crazy :)

@KRD: As visionary as making a list of "cool people" in high-school and hoping nobody will object, heh. 
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 12:56 PM »
KRD, if you really truly believe that was a good idea, ur on crack..

kiro did it to create drama, the guy loved drama, and thats a fact...

and i remember the big word around fb was bias, i remember people getting banned just for using the word, because the mods hated when people called them that hahaha

well look at the f@#!ing list..... its all of kiros friends... what word comes to mind?

those creeps did not sit down and say... "ok,  who are the top ten nicest, fairest, and friendly league players?.. lets start there..."

they sat down and decided who they were friends with, and who they most wanted to have circle jerk with...

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 03:17 PM »
@KRD: As visionary as making a list of "cool people" in high-school and hoping nobody will object, heh. 

It was really more like the high school hippie drum circle that everyone eventually joins. Except for that creepy kid who continually tries to burn down the schoolyard. And the 10-year-olds from the special education place across the street. But even they are considered for membership fairly. Better analogy.

Sure, as I say, it was all presented in a way that wasn't perhaps the most impossible to take the wrong way under the circumstances, but the community was quite a bit different then in that expecting people to actually give you the benefit of the doubt wasn't uncalled for. It was visionary in that it foresaw where the game's community was headed and tried to do something about it. That's more than anyone else was doing at the time.

Offline Casso

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 06:20 PM »
I will try to solve the problem but i don't know how to delete my maps: https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/members/Casso/

Can some1 delete them ? thx in advance and sorry :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Lol, nice thread that was  :-[

DarkOne was a real visionary:
"BnG was ruined cause of bullshit."  :D

I find it pretty silly that you still believe in such a system KRD. It is so obviously flawed as it encourages both favouritism and bitching and is entirely impractical (voting by e-mail where ALL league players have to send in a vote before someone can be admitted.. this doesn't even work in a single clan).

Your view on the community as a whole is rather limited. You haven't played for any league for years; your world never really reached beyond your friends at Ce and after that beyond Gamesurge. In those places only old school 'wormers' hang out who don't play the game anymore and have no feeling with the community whatsoever.
It makes you say stuff like: "A few of us older Elite enthusiasts are crying in a corner and nobody seems to notice that either." I wonder who these people are, AFAIK people who have hardly ever (or rather, never) been at TUS, nor on wormnet for the past four years (except for that game you arranged through your own private chat channel). These are not Elite enthusiasts.. they are just inactive players with the mindset of 2004.

I don't like Elite maps with little terrain. It's too lightsidish. It's much like intermediate with just 2 ropes. But to each his own, people should be free to pick the map they like. If the other player doesn't agree, the map is changed. Problem solved.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 12:09 AM »
Lol, nice thread that was  :-[

DarkOne was a real visionary:
"BnG was ruined cause of bullshit."  :D

I find it pretty silly that you still believe in such a system KRD. It is so obviously flawed as it encourages both favouritism and bitching and is entirely impractical (voting by e-mail where ALL league players have to send in a vote before someone can be admitted.. this doesn't even work in a single clan).

Your view on the community as a whole is rather limited. You haven't played for any league for years; your world never really reached beyond your friends at Ce and after that beyond Gamesurge. In those places only old school 'wormers' hang out who don't play the game anymore and have no feeling with the community whatsoever.
It makes you say stuff like: "A few of us older Elite enthusiasts are crying in a corner and nobody seems to notice that either." I wonder who these people are, AFAIK people who have hardly ever (or rather, never) been at TUS, nor on wormnet for the past four years (except for that game you arranged through your own private chat channel). These are not Elite enthusiasts.. they are just inactive players with the mindset of 2004.

I don't like Elite maps with little terrain. It's too lightsidish. It's much like intermediate with just 2 ropes. But to each his own, people should be free to pick the map they like. If the other player doesn't agree, the map is changed. Problem solved.
wlcl was the most democratic and epic league of all time.  If only I could track down the man that made it, or even his brother, he/they could save the worms world forever. :)

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30 AM »
Good post HHC you tell 'im, you are indeed an old school wormer who has consistently involved themselves (with EVERYONE) throughout the years.

2. Ignore Ray Casso there is no problem with saved maps. Many people cant make maps... they make shit maps... so better those people use saved maps that are perfectly playable rather than waste everyones time making a piece of shit map.

3. Awww Casso, unlucky the thread got hijacked bro.. aww, I hope someone tells you how you can delete your maps m8.
worm and learn

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 07:57 AM »
if they can't make good elite maps, then they just need to find one.  Natural terrain can work if you find a good one. 
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline HHC

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 08:52 AM »
wlcl was the most democratic and epic league of all time.  If only I could track down the man that made it, or even his brother, he/they could save the worms world forever. :)

:-[ ty mate.

TUS has so much more to offer though. It's the perfect league IMO.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31 AM »

:-[ ty mate.

TUS has so much more to offer though. It's the perfect league IMO.

agreed, weve come a long way from wlcl.  although i was sad to see its success lead to its demise.

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 10:29 AM »
I don't know where you get your info, Bart, but I literally can't find a single thing that's true in your entire post. It confuses me that anyone could misremember and misinterpret everything so completely, so I can't even formulate a reply at this point.

Hope you get better soon. :-X

Offline HHC

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 10:45 AM »
I don't know where you get your info, Bart, but I literally can't find a single thing that's true in your entire post. It confuses me that anyone could misremember and misinterpret everything so completely, so I can't even formulate a reply at this point.

Give it a shot?  :)