Forums
May 06, 2024, 03:54 AM

Author Topic: :(  (Read 1738 times)

Offline CJ

:(
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Right, some may see this as appropriate, some may not, but what the hell:

After watching a documentary the other night on 9/11, listening to families stories, expert opinions etc, it just makes me realise how LUCKY i am, and how thankful i am to be here in this world.

I Remember the day perfectly, i got picked up from school, turned the tv on for cartoons or whatever and remember watching in horror as that 2nd plane flew into the tower, and i remember thinking, is this real, is this happening? wtf?

So i'd like to raise an "online toast" to all the Firefighters, policemen, fbi, servicemen / women and all the brave people who lost their lives that day, you are a inspiration to all, and make me realise how lucky i am to be here today.

Im sorry in advance to any people i may have caused offense / distress or upset to.

My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline HHC

Re: :(
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 07:22 PM »
I'll join in. Remember 9/11

Offline Unique

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 07:25 PM »
I really agree with you on that. All those women and man that risked their life to save other people or innocent people that where dying while they had a whole life in front of them. I think seeing those people jump out of the twin towers was one of the most horrible things I ever saw. They had no chance to move, they knew they had no chance of survival so they just realised the best way to end their life was jump out the window.

I remember on 9/11 I was at a party of my grandparents which where 50 years together and one of my cousins got a SMS (news-alert) on his mobile phone. It was so unreal for me, you can't imagine that but if you see the videos on the news it starts to wake you up totally and you should be grateful of every day you live on this planet.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 08:37 PM »
i'll join in

Offline CJ

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:15 PM »
whoever applauded me, please dont, im just stating the opinion of many voices. :)
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline avirex

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:22 PM »
yes, very sad day.. such a horrible thing :( R.I.P. to all who lost their lives 4sure >:(

Offline CJ

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 03:14 AM »
whoever applauded me, please dont, im just stating the opinion of many voices. :)

that didnt mean smite me lol

Offline Husk

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:37 AM »
x:

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline CJ

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 03:45 PM »
also makes m eever the more lucky considering what ive read about north korea today, apparently not allowed mobile phones / internet and if u go over to visit on holiday you must have a guide with you always, even if you're going to the toilet.

I think i'd love to visit just on the basis, to see what a "second" world would be like, cos they're obviously oblivious to what the outside world is, its like the tv program for them "big brother" only their there for life.

I mean wtf, they got to the world cup, their leader wouldnt allow them to watch them on tv vs brazil which was a very credible 2-1 loss, he hired chinese actors to fill in as "north korean fans"

wtf world do we live in?

Offline Husk

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 03:56 PM »
answer is right here
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:55 PM by Husk »

Offline CJ

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 04:23 PM »
answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZujuYiweht8

I do not understand this?

edit: after watching the official video and reading it on youtube, i understand, but it still does not cover my post
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:25 PM by CJ »

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 08:55 PM »
oh yea, thanks, that version sucked, edited it :P