Forums
May 20, 2024, 01:54 PM

Author Topic: Best Era For Music?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline CJ

Best Era For Music?
« on: September 02, 2011, 06:20 AM »
Yep, as title says, what is the best era for music in you're opinion? i was born in Feb 88 but have been listening to alot of 80s music recently, and think its got to be up there with the best, van halens "jump" being a personal favourite along with a few others.

So.... for you is it:

the swingin 70s?
the 80s when it was at the best?
the cheesy dancey/pop of the 90s?
or the pop/chart shite from the Noughties?

or perhaps its before this time? maybe you could all cast your opinions etc.
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline avirex

Re: Best Era For Music?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:02 AM »
finish rap ftw!!

Offline CJ

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:28 AM »
finish rap ftw!!

haha see i like my rap/rnb& uk grime aka rap whatever. i do like it. never heard finnish rap, post a vid.....
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:13 AM »
For Hip Hop i would say late 80's early 90's

A tribe called Quest
Souls of Mischeif
Naughty by Nature ect...

(In my opinion)

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline cOke

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 09:16 AM »
90s!

HNN4EVA

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 09:50 AM »
Definitely 70s - as far as metal and rock goes, NWOBHM, bands like Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top - and the disco era of the 80s was just brilliant.

That's what I love the most.

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:13 AM »
1950 . . . . . . . . 1960 . . . . . . . . 1970 . . . . . . . . 1980 . . . . . . . . 1990 . . . . . . . . 2000 . . . . . . . . 2010.
                                         ^                                            ^
                                         |                                             |
                                         |--------------------------------|
                                         |                                             |
                          1968 -Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet         |
                                                                                  1987 - Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:28 AM »
de
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:35 PM by Korydex »

Offline CJ

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 01:45 PM »
Pizzasheet, weren't BTNH 80s/90s in the rap/hip hop???

Madog, some of those songs bring back memories;

Haddaway: Possibly the best 90s dance tune i can remember and one i grew up listening to, its on par with a couple of others that i cant think of atm. (no sleep last night hense the thread)
Perfecto Allstarz: Reminds me of Middlesbrough FC, they walk out to this tune, (or at least they used to) used to love going watch them play and the tune itself being blared out particularly loud, kinda reminds me of the Dario G song "Sunchyme" & Tin Tin Out adagio for strings or smth which were both also  football anthems.
Mucho Mambo Sway: was this 1999? or is my memory wrong? think it was, this song reminds me of my 1st year of High School, mum used to have it on cd in the car so never escaped listening to it.
Watergate "Heart of asia" was also a personal favourite, it was like a dancey type tune, but it isnt no William Orbit, Barbers Adagio For Strings.

Whilst i was up all last night with no sleep :( (no drugs) i listened to a few 80s songs;

Van Halen - Jump
Toto - Africa
Visage - Fade To Grey
the miami vice song, cant for the4 life of me think who its by or what its called though.
The Cars - Drive.

Now i think i have the wierdest taste in music ever, cos i have everything on my playlist, from Twista to Toto to the Human League to Nickleback, its crazy, i really do like a bit of everything.

Offline angus

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 02:18 PM »
70s ofc 

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 04:06 PM »
lol madogg!!! odb song hhahah n1, also wutang cream owned, and ofcourse got 5 on it, the best!! :D

Offline Guaton

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 05:33 PM »
1980-~1995

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 07:41 PM »
hmm, im still hearing good new music everyday man, everything becomes classic in time!

In terms of music and pop culture, gotta be the 60s man

lol madogg, shaft... holiday tune lol

+ ye disco man, v cool

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:54 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline JayX

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 11:04 PM »
+1 for Madog for Haddaway and Mark Morrison. I was born in 1983 so I was hitting the school disco's and getting my 1st real encounters with the opposite sex when these songs were coming out and were big hits in the "discos" early-mid 90's lol

Every genre has peaks and valleys so it's hard to say a single time, as a metal / rock fan for the longest time for me music has been great!

Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Venom, Motley Crue, AC/DC and so on

then

Pantera, Machine Head, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, Incubus    

and then

Mudvayne, Disturbed, Spineshank, The Union Underground, Hed PE

and so on into today's current crop.

Every era is full of great stuff and absolute puke! no matter your preferred choice I would say.

Offline Turko

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 11:59 PM »
2000 - 2010... Phil collins's best songs 2003 and 1999 (1 year before), joaquin sabina, mana, etc.

I think the best musicans are not who defies society or who sing everything is a shit, the best music is who:
1- knows how talk (lol), wachiturros out (joaquin sabina, arjona, etc)
2- express feelings (thats why I love phil collins music)

I really love this song, its very optimistic, thats what im talking about

Thats my viewpoint, im not saying its good or wrong.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:01 AM by Turko »
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week