Forums
May 23, 2024, 05:42 PM

Author Topic: bodybuilding forum  (Read 29646 times)

Offline cOke

Re: bodybuilding forum
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2012, 10:21 AM »
sorry dest, i realised that was a bad post, please read the edit, i wanna know if that's really worked for you cause it's completely the opposite to everything i've read since i started training
HNN4EVA

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2012, 10:26 AM »
It has worked perfectly for me for years (with minor modifications each time, in trial-and-error method, since I had to find which foods work best for me for example). I was a professional swimmer and I found that only small changes were needed (although they were substantial in some cases, since sometimes I wanted to gain 5kg of muscle, or lose 2kg of fat etc).

I will try find my "before" and "after" pics. When I do these diets (while exercising regularly ofc), I usually lose 3-4kg staight off the bat (if I havent gone to the gym+been too busy for a few months), and then I stay on a normal weight and the conversion of fat into muscle happens, while keeping pretty much the same body weight. This means you look thinner in clothes, while being bigger and stronger.

Obviously, the greater the weight you wanna lose in the beginning, the bigger adjustment in calories you need to make for that time, and then see how its going.

I'll update with pics when I find them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:29 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline cOke

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2012, 10:50 AM »
it's been trial and error for me also, i have spent most of the past 9 months trying to find the right calorie count and macro breakdown to gain lean mass

for the last month i havnt been f@#!ed counting cals and eatin a lot of carbs to the point i'm gettin fat

last time this happened i dropped to 1500 for a week or so and dropped it almost instantly so yea i guess this works for me (edit: with EC stack)

i've been meaning to give this a go and is the basis for most of the things that i've read http://artofmanliness.com/2012/01/25/intermittent-fasting/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:17 AM by madog »
HNN4EVA

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2012, 10:56 AM »
I would say eat normally.  Cut out the obvious like chocolate and crisps, junk food etc and do as much cardio as possible.

Good luck man.

Offline cOke

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2012, 11:05 AM »
yea that can work.. the idea being you burn calories doing the cardio and leave yourself in a deficit (i.e. under maintenance) and hence lose weight

the same effect (i.e. weight loss effect, minus cardiovascular health etc) can be got by not eating some of these calories in the first place so you don't have to burn them off

the thing i'm having a hard time understanding is dest sayin you can lose weight by changing the composition of the macros you eat i.e. more protein, less carbs and you can lose weight this way

afaik if you eat at maintenance no matter what the macro composition you will not lose weight however this is something i will have to try for myself, maybe it can go some way to changing body composition i.e. lose fat, gain muscle i honestly have no idea

the only thing i can think of is maybe without the available carbs for energy the body turns to fat stores however also afaik protein can also be utilised for energy and essentially a calorie is a count of energy so in some regards a calorie is a calorie, and whatever calorie you stick in is going to be used instead

fyi i'm not fat i'm looking to lose a single kg at most, i'm naturally very lean
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:08 AM by madog »
HNN4EVA

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2012, 11:56 AM »
yea that can work.. the idea being you burn calories doing the cardio and leave yourself in a deficit (i.e. under maintenance) and hence lose weight

the same effect (i.e. weight loss effect, minus cardiovascular health etc) can be got by not eating some of these calories in the first place so you don't have to burn them off

the thing i'm having a hard time understanding is dest sayin you can lose weight by changing the composition of the macros you eat i.e. more protein, less carbs and you can lose weight this way

afaik if you eat at maintenance no matter what the macro composition you will not lose weight however this is something i will have to try for myself, maybe it can go some way to changing body composition i.e. lose fat, gain muscle i honestly have no idea

the only thing i can think of is maybe without the available carbs for energy the body turns to fat stores however also afaik protein can also be utilised for energy and essentially a calorie is a count of energy so in some regards a calorie is a calorie, and whatever calorie you stick in is going to be used instead

fyi i'm not fat i'm looking to lose a single kg at most, i'm naturally very lean

Protein helps build bigger muscles and having bigger muscles naturally burns more calories so you could say that protein leads to greater calorie loss.

But in terms of general weight loss I did understand that it didn't matter how you consumed your calories or in what form.

;O

Offline cOke

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2012, 12:22 PM »
ye that's what i understood cue, however i'm open to some kind of recomposition that i have read about specifically with carb cycling and other such techniques however i'm unsure of how great the ability to build muscle without eating a surplus is, most sources i've read claim it's impossible but i kinda hope it's possible in some way

i am kinda the exact opposite of you cue, i have next to no body fat - i'm sure you had a good base under that, trust me it's fkn harrrrd to gain lean muscle when it aint there in the first place and just hidden

the only place i get fat is my neck which has led most of b2b to call me fatneck ever since i mentioned it months ago ;D
HNN4EVA

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Then you gotta eat tonnes of protein and lift loads of weights.  I would get yourself a protein shake to supplement the protein you get from your food.  You know all this shit anyway I bet. 

Would be good to get you posting a pic so you have more motivation to work hard for your goals and post some progress pics.

:<

Offline avirex

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Would be good to get you posting a pic so you have more motivation to work hard for your goals and post some progress pics.

:<

and so we can see this fatneck you speak of.

Offline cOke

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2012, 01:38 PM »
:)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:35 PM by madog »
HNN4EVA

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Good shit.  Nice and lean.  Any definition and muscle growth from now on will be instantly noticable.

Get to it mofo.

I also use a press up ap which you can get on android (and probably ios too) - I've done it every other day for months now and can now do 100+ press ups in one hit.  It really worked on my chest.  Also it will be worth you doing some ab work every other day as well if you can be arsed.  Get some definition on the old 6 pack.

Good luck man.  Now you've posted that pic you gotta get on it.

:P

(this is the ab workout I do.  I've been doing it for months now and can only just get to the end of the workout without dying) - Will move onto stage 2 in a few weeks I think) - When I started I couldn't even get half way through it.  It really is a bitch but you will notice some considerable growth in your ab muscles after a short time)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:24 PM by Cueshark »

Offline nino

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2012, 02:52 PM »
ill be uploading some pic of bull nino soon... working hard on legs xD

looking like a lil ronnie...10x smaller hauhua
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline cOke

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2012, 05:26 PM »
i had my top 2 abs showin at one point, i have weighted captains chair on one of my days

i'll check out that vid later, one thing i've seen is p90x has a pretty brutal ab workout but i think weighted is the way to go tho, abs are a muscle like any other, gotta overload it progressively to get some growth

the main thing i've changed since the first year is i'm hitting the free weights and compound lifts exclusively since i've stopped f@#!in around doin stupid machines

absolutely love working on bench press and deadlifts, my bench needs some serious consistent work to make any progression, deadlift has made good progress, literally only started workin arms exclusively past couple of months... bench is a fkn bitch that doesnt love me, if i ignore her for a week i go back two

cue i would definitely get a bit more mass and then lean down hardcore imo you would be ripped mate

nino get some pics up mate, legs are brutal, i am genetically gifted with nice legs, i hate not bein able to walk for days but it's something i need to start working on soon

avi, no fatneck pics, trust me its fat as f@#!
HNN4EVA

Offline nino

« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2012, 06:37 PM »
maddog have u seen some recent pics of me on "post your pic" thread? anyway ill take some others  to show ae.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline cOke

« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2012, 07:02 PM »
HNN4EVA