Forums
May 13, 2024, 02:52 PM

Author Topic: bodybuilding forum  (Read 29425 times)

Re: bodybuilding forum
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Ya I work out legs too... Usually twice a week at a minimum.

Only thing is that I do cycling/spinning, which is somewhat counter productive to putting size on in my legs. My calves are decently big, with veins popping out like crazy, and my quads and hammys are thick.

I'll post pics when I get home. Your legs def look far bigger than mine.

« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2012, 02:34 PM »
working out legs is useful, but the ppl who have really big legs that i see here are used to Cycling/spinning as u said, or play soccer, run on the seaside.The ppl who only work out legs without aerobic exercise, dont get big.

Do yu do it nino?

Offline nino

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2012, 02:42 PM »
what i do mainly is sguat ( agachamento ) exercise.

leg press and some others i dunno the name in english xD

and always with heavy weights.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2012, 03:12 PM »
See but cardio follows the laws of diminishing return. Depending on what your RHR, WHR, and MHR is, and whether or not you keep your heart in its correct zones is what determines the type of results you have.

Usually the trick is to do low impact cardio at a brisk pace, keeping your heart rate slightly above RHR.  Most builders will only walk on a treadmill at 3-4mph with an incline.

Since I spin heavily, as well as stairs and run, I burn fat at a higher rate, but at the cost of burning muscle at a higher rate as well. So often I end up setting myself back on lifting gains, bc I burn away too much muscle.  That's why "most" cyclists are extremely thin, and not bulky/muscular. They end up burning through stored sugars and fats, and their body begins fueling itself with muscle.

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/te1rk/offering_broscience_service_ill_test_your_protein/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/uva9t/big_reddit_protein_powder_measurement_results/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE&toomany=true#gid=0

i have no idea if this is legit, but this guy apparently testing the protein content of various powders compared to what they claim

shady... your myofusion is in the list and it says it only has 50% of the protein content that it claims to have. fack lol. one of em american pure whey doesn't even have any in lol.

i've been a bit demotivated to go to the gym recently. i've made progress but its so fkn slow, when i add up all the time i imagine i spent in there this year it just seems like a lot of time.

i agree its good for mental health so im not plannin on stopping, just hitting the gym everynow and then to hopefully maintain before i go in hard again.

Funny that you posted this recently.

A legitimate lab [not some dude doing home tests] tested a bunch of the proteins today, and Myofusion came out with some of the best results....  They uploaded it to their own website.

Check it here :  http://www.gasparinutrition.com/news/viewnews.aspx?id=276

Results posted here:

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Shady, i looked into the leangains diet, looks good because im trying to lose weight and build a little muscle, mostly weight loss right now, do you have any good links you could shoot me or resources online?  Thanks.

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2012, 09:57 PM »
Good place to start is here:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

It's sorta like a site map, as you read it, you'll follow through onto other links of articles he has written.  After that I suggest you go on BB.com and sign up to the forum there, start using the search function and using Lean Gains.

There are several different routines you can use while on the LG diet; you have to choose whichever one makes most sense to you - or adjust one to work with your daily schedule.

Any specific questions, don't hesitate on asking.  I'll do my best to answer :)

« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2012, 02:39 AM »
See but cardio follows the laws of diminishing return. Depending on what your RHR, WHR, and MHR is, and whether or not you keep your heart in its correct zones is what determines the type of results you have.

Usually the trick is to do low impact cardio at a brisk pace, keeping your heart rate slightly above RHR.  Most builders will only walk on a treadmill at 3-4mph with an incline.

Since I spin heavily, as well as stairs and run, I burn fat at a higher rate, but at the cost of burning muscle at a higher rate as well. So often I end up setting myself back on lifting gains, bc I burn away too much muscle.  That's why "most" cyclists are extremely thin, and not bulky/muscular. They end up burning through stored sugars and fats, and their body begins fueling itself with muscle.

i knew about burn muscle with a high exercise, but ddint knew it was based on the heart rate...

Shady, i was reading on that guide,it discussed about a fasted training... so eating too much "good things"(like proteins) can decline the gain rate? Or its bad only for lean body mass?

« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2012, 02:42 AM »
becoz i gain mas and definition "easily" but i lose very fast when i stop, so i think i couldnt do a fasted based training, i can gain only eat a lot 0o

Offline nino

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2012, 03:12 AM »
eat a loooooot , train like a bull..results will come.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2012, 04:21 AM »
i need to work out regularly for mor than 3 months to get really big...

last year, may,june, i had 37cm arm, nice legs from football, ( i am short, so 37 arm is really nice for me, my ideal is stay with 38-39,5 to be gostoso hehe) but i travelled and returned sick... -2 months, now i am going to return to that point, in 2 months i ill be there... next week i ill have money for my whey protein hehe

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2012, 04:11 PM »
My daily workout regimen:

Lift+Throw Hay x20
Wheelbarrow pushs x40
Shovel Shit x100
Split Wood x?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:47 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2012, 04:15 PM »
6 pack!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2012, 04:46 PM »
My daily workout regimen:

Lift+Throw Hay x20
Wheelbarrow pushs x40
Shovel Shit x100
Split Wood x?
lol dub f@#!in lumberjack haha.  theres a real canadian right there.

Offline cOke

« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2012, 06:08 PM »
haha nice workout dub

solid mate
HNN4EVA