Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:42 PM

Author Topic: OMG this groove!!!!!  (Read 731 times)

Offline TheKaren

OMG this groove!!!!!
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:43 AM »
One of the dirtiest, sexiest grooves i've ever heard, and those skullsnaps, F**K!

https://soundcloud.com/montescodnb/the-caracal-project-sudest-montesco-remix

Sharing this in it's own thread cuz it's so good, funny thing is comparing the power of this song to the one i'm working on, it's just as deep! :D

Offline KinslayeR

Re: OMG this groove!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:20 AM »
from what minute music start? coz i listened whole "song" and all i heard was some cat howling and broken plates. No offence :D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Music can be enjoyed in many ways kins, now you've sparked interest for me :)

Fortunately I enjoy most elements, styles and the emotions they evoke.

The sad truth is many people are close-minded when it comes to music, I understand it's personal to everyone, but most people tend to stick to a few genres and are raised to hate others.

It all leads back to the origins of music, when only specific people were even allowed to compose music, even specific sounds, such as the augmented 4th("diabolus in musica" - "the devil in music"), was banned many years ago as it sounded evil and, I assume, due to lack of understanding they associated it with the devil.

As music progresses, each generation of age makes advancements in technology, they push boundaries, and it's the same psychological misunderstanding that grows this kind of ignorance to other genres of music.

I for one, hate the music Slipknot create, but understand how talented they are, and how powerful there music is for people who are part of that culture, and how important it is.

Now, many people disregard elecronic musicians as lazy, talentless, without soul, etc...

That's bullsh*t lol.

A few of you have known me since I was 14, i'm 32 now, over the years I may have been stubborn, yes i've been a pain in the ass for quite a lot of people, but you cannot say I am lazy, or don't have talent, or don't have soul and care about stuff...

It doesn't matter what music you enjoy, where you come from, what technology you use to make music, the whole purpose of music is to evoke emotions and make people feel alive.

Now, this particular song, the groove is insanely unique, the sound selection is superb for the genre, the mixdown is superb!

The contrast between beauty, calmness, then chaos and madness, is beautiful.

Sometimes, don't pay attention to the sound, with many songs, if it had a different groove it would sound awful, this, is perfect :)

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 11:17 AM »
triplet grooves always sound sexy

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Not something that could be mistaken for a Mozart violin concerto.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Not my particular cup of tea, but I get the appeal.

I think you'd like Savant, Komo. Give him a listen. It's very varied stuff in his repertoire.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Give me plate full of drugs, maybe I'll press like then :)

Lol, MrTPenguin!

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:30 PM »
I think you'd like Savant, Komo. Give him a listen. It's very varied stuff in his repertoire.

+1

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 05:36 PM »
savant is pretty cool, i like his 8-bit mixing sound

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 11:16 PM »
You know what doesnt matter lol i only wanted to share a song lol
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:31 PM by TheKomodo »