Forums
May 04, 2024, 11:23 PM

Author Topic: Gran Turismo 5  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Husk

Gran Turismo 5
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:10 AM »
This is our topic for everyone who looooves Gran Turismo 5.

Firstly I wanna bring out the cons, the annoying stuff "how_the_f@#!_did_they_forget_brakes". So yes, You can't buy brakes to your car, I mean what the f@#!! You get the ability to adjust the brakes for each car individually tho. But c'mon even Top Gear bought brakes to try make their car faster on the curves. Ok so that just pissed me off. Then you have these Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Engine upgrades, what is this? Need for speed underground any1? I want to know excactly what I'm doing to my engine to get the best performance out of it, but no, I just know its f@#!ing stage 2, so of course its gotta be better than stage 1. This game was released to retards? Same thing for reducing weight, in gran turismo 4 it was described like stage 1 u take the backseats off to make ur car lighter, 2nd stage would be making most body parts out of lighter metal than original and stage 3 was every little detail made lighter and such, but not in GT5! No! You only know you have stage1, stage 2 and/or stage 3 weight reduction, nothing explained, how did the car get lighter, did someone fart inside of it? Same thing goes for Turbo, ok so I can buy a turbo that starts from low rpm but doesn't go so high, or a turbo that starts a bit higher and goes higher or a turbo that starts at high rpm and gives best results of course at highest rpm, ok so thats cool but what the f@#!, i can't buy intercooler for my turbo? is this a joke?

I will go through all the good stuff when i come back home

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Gran Turismo 5
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:12 AM »
This is our topic for everyone who looooves Gran Turismo 5.

I just find it funny how you start out with this sentence, then go on a major full-on rant !

I am getting a ps3 soon JUST for GT5 xD

Who gives a f@#! you can't see stupid little things, I just wanna race :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:14 AM »
X: well, they market their game as a "real driving simulator". I loved the well described details in GT4, and now they made GT5 for 4 years and forgot simple things. but yea, I am in hurry now, be right back in few hours

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:10 AM »
oh k so enough rant, i wanna hear whats everyone's favourite car, what level they are, do they play b-spec, what about endurance?

I start by saying my favourite rally car is delta, sports car would be m3 and race car would be 787b. I just love buying any cars I don't have alrdy, its like Pokemon, gotta catch em all. You can find some pretty exotic/interesting cars from the used cars, they change after each race so checking them many times a day. Favourite track is Nürburgring I can play that track all day. Currently my a-spec level is 26, playing those endurances, alrdy beat the 2 hour and 4 hour race, next is 90 laps Laguna seca. I don't play much b-spec, maybe I play it after everything in a-spec is done.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Because I simply cannot afford the ideal ps3 set-up would you care to describe the game in terms of graphics and features etc.

Gran Turismo 1 was one of my fave games of all time and this one has been years in the making.

:<

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Because I simply cannot afford the ideal ps3 set-up would you care to describe the game in terms of graphics and features etc.

^^ Epic perfection.

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Well it is in 1080p :D so it does look stunning, also every engine sound u hear from the game is actually recorded from the real sound the car makes, so lets say u drive any car in the game, the engine sounds should sound the same as the car in question in real life. theres 1,031 different cars at the moment and you get to set many details in GT5, lets start with the simple ones first: Anti-lock braking system, Electronic Stability Control (Active Stability Management), Active Steering, Traction Control, which tyres you want (comfort, comfort rain, sports hard, sports medium, sports soft, sports rain, racing hard, racing medium, racing soft, racing rain) those are just some quick settings to your car, you can also do more detailed settings in the settings menu: Suspension: weight balance, wheel camber, brake balance, damping, spring rate; Gear ratio: you can modify the lenght of a gear or simply all of them at once: making shorter gears gives ur car a better jump start but lowers the top speed, making the gears longer doesn't get ur car start quickly but gives better top speed for those long straights (Nürburgring & Le Mans, just for an example). I could go on and on but those are mostly the things that been made even better from past gran turismos (=

Offline rU`

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:37 PM »
I got GT5 Husky, my sista gave me for my past birthday xD

You are right, I'm a bit dissapointed aswell. I expected it to be more accurate...

Do you play it online?

btw you should try it with steering wheel and pedals, it's great fun. =)
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 06:56 PM »
Is it out? Havnt heard anything from it but I don't have a ps3
Havnt played it since GT2?? Lol. 
But bet it's good like everyone says

Offline CJ

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 04:18 AM »
forza ftw!... nah serious. i was a fan of gran turismo up until gran turismo 4 and they spoilt it with b spec mode where u could just sit back and watch the computer do the race for you. ok you're not gonna sit there for 24hours to do the race, but still cmon..... not played GT5 though.

anyone remember GT2  think it was where one of the discs smelt of oil and another of something else?
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 06:34 PM »
What's ur guys ps3 names?
I'll gt my girls name n she can add u or I can later
Killzone 3 baby xd

Man anyone like gears orthe elder scroll series