Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:37 PM

Author Topic: I don't understand  (Read 573 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
I don't understand
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Quote from: DarkOne
You can't punish a team if they don't play their own pick - they're already the team that got handicapped.

Handicapped is not the word and this is definetely not the case. You assume people pick what they're best at and what their opponent is worse at. And there's nothing stopping you from trying to pick based on this and still get it wrong - people aren't always right and you can't expect them to objetively rate skill at any given day and time, when they can't even get it right in a general context.

There's no intrinsic handicap in playing the other's clan pick. It's random who comes out better. In fact, said feeling can be different before and after the game. If I pick roper versus Chicken and he picks TTTRR, I migh see him RR first and change mind because he's suddenly amazing or I realize he's more warmed up than me, on a better spot to win the second game...

If you think a free win should be awarded for this, then you don't understand why free wins exist in the first place. They're there to ensure that if 2 people/clans play, both sides have the opportunity to play the scheme they want.

Well, free wins exist since the first or second league. As far as I'm concerned they were as a counter measure to double or nothing. Not to mention that most leagues had a rule enforced about  both games becoming mandatory once you start playing the first.

I'll stand corrected if you show me a source for these claims, but you're still wrong in practice, everyone uses the analyzer. You wanna go into detail why that's also contradicting to your speech about picks being about  playing your favorite schemes?

If I'm good at all schemes I want points, I don't care, I rather play two games. If Anubis picks BnG I will pick Rope, not because I'm better but because he has a high rating in both and I want to play BOTH to stand a chance at winning points because I'm sure I'll lose at least one but I can still grind out some points because he has a higher ratin, not if he leaves, of course not... There's a bunch of scenarios.

And when one is high in the rankings, this is as bad as avoiding.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:03 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Re: I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:11 AM »
It's not smart to pick Roper vs Anubis for 95% of people :D The mathematical expectation of gained points will be negative. The art of scheme picking is to find a balance between the analyzer and your possibilities.

I don't know what's this topic about, I just wanted to say something smart xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Anubis

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:55 AM »
95%, I can live with that.  ;)

Picking RR vs. Statik isn't smart for 97% of players!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:57 AM by Anubis »

Offline Asbest

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 11:04 AM »

i can pwn him! XDDD!

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:47 AM »
You wish jelly fish  ;D

Offline Husk

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 12:25 PM »
looks like every post here is offtopic... anyway....

I must agree with ropa, I can't believe the mods didn't think of this |x to me it is so obvious that ofc u need to play ur own pick aswell or it's a free win for opponent

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 12:27 PM »

i can pwn him! XDDD!

Not sure if yours is sarcasm or just stupidity

[00:02:35.88] [sW`Asbest] actually i think im the best now ttrr'r
[00:04:50.62] [sW`Asbest] i have the best % winning in ttrr

looks like every post here is offtopic... anyway....

welcome to off topic board husk :) .

Offline Peja

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 12:29 PM »
i wanted to write something but was tired and went to bed. i woke up and realized ropa already said everything in a much better fashion than i ever could.

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 12:30 PM »
i wanted to write something but was tired and went to bed. i woke up and realized ropa already said everything in a much better fashion than i ever could.

lmfao I did the same thing mate

"gonna go sleep and post tomorrow" and there we alrdy have ropa said it =)