Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:44 PM

Author Topic: I got Keylogged  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Farco/Ghost

I got Keylogged
« on: November 04, 2011, 07:50 AM »
For the past few weeks I have been playing Runescape with my new account that I brought from a friend. Then all the sudden, I got hacked because I visited some site that contains Keylogger.... Ever since then, I tried to get rid of the keyloggeers, my friend told me to use system restore to get rid of keyloggers and I did... I just want to know that if i have keyloggers that spys on my computer, can I system restore it and the keyloggers will be completely gone? Or it wouldn't be gone at all? And are there anything that can protect me from being keylogged? My friend suggested me Spybot, but I just want to know if there's anything else that can protect me from being keylogged. I just really wish I wouldn't get hacked again (especially on this TUS account). ;s
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: I got Keylogged
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:32 AM »
Keyloggers normally need an entry in windows registry in order to log your key strokes and the main thing system restore does is to reset your windows registry to an earlier time. That being said, you can't fully trust system restore to clean up keylogger. Specially when its registry entry will be deleted, but the program itself will remain somewhere in your computer (depending on good is the keylogger)

Spybot is a good tool, mostly to prevent suspicious entries get inserted to your windows registry. It you let it run on background (and its teatimer) it will alert you everytime an entry is being inserted, so you can decline it. But it is not as good as its preventing power when it comes to cure the infected machine.

Get a HijackThis log from your computer and send it to me via MSN.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TapstaR

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:35 AM »
I used to play runescape alot, still have my accounts. There are so many site with keyloggers for runescape. Most gold sites have them and anyone in game advertising sites are keyloggers. The main rule with that game is dont trust anyone! If your looking for a gold site that is legit this is good, http://www.guy4game.com/runescape-2/
And a bot site that works is, http://www.rsbots.net/

Add me -- 2nd Guess

Im rarely on though.
It Dosent Take Much To Smile :)

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 01:51 AM »
@ Monkey, where can I found "Hijackthis log" from my computer? Sorry, I have little knowledge about computer. ;/
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

Offline Rok

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 01:30 PM »
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hijackthis

Install the thing, check it out, google some more, make a log, send it to MI... Hom much tech-savviness does that take?  ::)

And +1 for Spybot S&D. (Oh you can google that, too).
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 01:35 PM »
ugh runescape.... i made it to about lvl 50-60 untill some1 got on my character and stole all of my stuff lol

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 01:36 PM »
AFAIK HiJackThis is outdated and now OTL is the best option.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 09:31 PM »
This is the character that I got hacked.

Level 120, 85 attk, 93 str, 97 def (at least 500k til 98). And Full Ahrim, Karil, Torag, staff of light, 12k of each barrage runes and 544M.... -_- I tried to recover that account but that noob who hacked me changed the recovery questions. ;/

Offline TapstaR

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 10:52 PM »
Nice I think mine is lvl 100. Lost most of my money getting 99 prayer on it lol. Just don't trust anyone or anything with that game and your fine. Lol I stole so many peoples money over the years playing that game, people just trust you too easy on it.  :D

Offline Alenic

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 10:55 PM »
Hi TAP ! How are you ? come in AG sometimes !  ;)

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:17 AM »
Today, I was keylogged... again. I was just staking my 2M and ended up losing them and I rage quit (kinda) then I logged out. Then when I tried to login again, it says invalid username or password. I thought system restore would completely wipe out the Keylogger, but I guess it didn't. Please help me. D:

Offline TapstaR

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:44 AM »
Hi TAP ! How are you ? come in AG sometimes !  ;)
I do now and then.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 07:15 AM »
runescape haha I went back to it one day with no gold and made 3 mil in a few hours scamming a bunch of scammers and gambling
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi