Forums
May 05, 2024, 05:31 PM

Author Topic: Illuminated k740  (Read 744 times)

Offline RIP

Illuminated k740
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:21 AM »
Hello. The other day while playing with Berria i have spilled some alcohol on my keyboard Logitech illuminated k740. I immediately turned it off and flipped it. Later i decided to disassemble and clean it. It has as much screws as buttons xD‚ very many of them . To disassemble it completely and clean everything up under the buttons is simply impossible without removing all the buttons out. A button is then put on their mechanism of scissors very uncomfortable setup and get to a place where four positions for latching with difficulty. Metal brackets that hold the scissors bends easily and are just as easily to fix too. I have disassembled the keyboard and realized that I can not remove all of the buttons that would stratify the platform on which they stand, and that, and need to be cleaned. I decided to blow warm air from a hair dryer. What a surprise it was when the buttons instantly began to melt. I have never seen that before. Dunno if it was due to the thin or just shitty material. But I'm sure if you take it under the summer sun, it will melt during the day. So guys do not spill anything on this keyboard, there is nothing to clean it until you remove and put all of the buttons back which can easily break the mechanism of scissors. As a final result, I have 5-7 non-working buttons. I got out my spare keyboard, I have two Razer`s, one my and one Senator.
Translate correcting by Xan  ;)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:03 AM by RIP »
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline ANO

Re: Illuminated k740
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 09:13 AM »
Surprise???????:o :o :o
it's obvious man!!! auhauhau When I started to read I was already about to type, careful with the hairdryer, stay far, not too close, stop times to time or you will mess up... COuld not imagine you were so silly auhauh

Offline RIP

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Surprise???????:o :o :o
it's obvious man!!! auhauhau When I started to read I was already about to type, careful with the hairdryer, stay far, not too close, stop times to time or you will mess up... COuld not imagine you were so silly auhauh
i speaking not about hairdryer. And any other keyboard keeps the hairdryer easily. I am now considered as an option Cherry MX Speed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:53 AM by RIP »
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 10:00 AM »
Could you once select the correct board before opening your topics?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 05:14 PM »
like 5 or more of my keys came off this kb. I have another one now which is fine. though I dont use it cos I like my steelseries g6v2

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 06:21 PM »
in pbc we have a special membership discount for alcoholic people

think about it  ;)