Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:17 PM

Author Topic: Logical riddle, not to detect.  (Read 12254 times)

Offline j0hny

Logical riddle, not to detect.
« on: September 21, 2014, 11:20 AM »
Geniuses know how to answer this?  ;)

You borrow from Mom 50$ and from dad also 50$, you have a total 100$
You buy a pants for 97$ you have rest 3$ ok. Next you give back your mom 1$ and your dad also 1$. Have you rest? 1$.

But if it add up 49$ from mom + 49$ from dad = 98 + 1$ your rest, gives the result 99$
So where is the 1$?  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I made a small illustration to better understand this

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:14 PM by j0hny »
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline Casso

Re: Logical riddle, not to detect.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 11:54 AM »
It's 49+49-1 = 97

You don't have to add that rest of 1$ to reach 100, but you have to subtract it to get the price of the pants

It's like giving back to your parents 1,5 $ + 1,5$ (the exact rest) => 100 - 1,5 - 1,5 = 97 ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:19 PM by Casso »

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 02:42 PM »
One for you, j0hny.

Downstairs in your house, there are 3 light switches. Each switch turns on a light bulb upstairs.
You can't see the light bulbs from downstairs.

You can only go upstairs once. How do you find out which switch turns on which light bulb? Took me a couple of minutes to figure that one out without help :)

Offline Casso

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 02:46 PM »
One for you, j0hny.

Downstairs in your house, there are 3 light switches. Each switch turns on a light bulb upstairs.

You can only go upstairs once. How do you find out which switch turns on which light bulb? Took me a couple of minutes to figure that one out without help :)

I know it too. It tooks me 5-10 minutes.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 02:48 PM »
S = 1+2+4+8+16+32+...
S = 1+2*(1+2+4+8+16+32+...)
S = 1+2*S
S = -1

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline j0hny

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:50 PM »
One for you, j0hny.

Turn on the first switch, burns half a minute. Then turn off the first, and turn on the second.
After half a minute, turn off the second switch. then go upstairs and which light bulb is the warmest - belongs to the second switch. Which is slightly cooler - belongs to the first switch, and the last light bulb known to belong to the third switch :)

I guessed in one min :-*
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 07:40 PM »
One for you, j0hny.

Turn on the first switch, burns half a minute. Then turn off the first, and turn on the second.
After half a minute, turn off the second switch. then go upstairs and which light bulb is the warmest - belongs to the second switch. Which is slightly cooler - belongs to the first switch, and the last light bulb known to belong to the third switch :)

You don't even need to use all three switches. The bulb from the one you don't use will be off and cold.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline j0hny

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 08:32 AM »
One for you, j0hny.

You don't even need to use all three switches. The bulb from the one you don't use will be off and cold.

I didn't write about the third light bulb :P

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 09:08 AM »
You could also just not switch off the second light bulb

Offline j0hny

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 10:06 AM »
DarkOne: to the orchard went two fathers and two sons. Each of them collected 10 apples. How many in total of gathered apples? :)

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:13 AM »
20. If there are 2 fathers there, then there are already also 2 sons there.

Offline j0hny

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 12:16 PM »

Not really, if go to court grandfather, father and son, so the father is both father and son :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29 PM »
Are you sure you wrote that properly johny? I mean, considering the way you've wrote it I can only think of 2 answers, either 40, or 0.

40 - It doesn't seem like a riddle, it just sounds like a straight up question, 4 people, 10 each, so 40...

0 - The ONLY part that I could twist, is "Each of them collected" vs "total of gathered", so that would be collected vs gathered, and as gather could imply actually picking them up from the orchard physically and collected could imply someone else handed them over, only reason why I could say 0...

Apart from that, if I am wrong then it's probably a ridiculously easy answer or something lol.

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 02:11 PM »

Not really, if go to court grandfather, father and son, so the father is both father and son :D

The grandfather is also someone's son, so in your description, there are 3 sons there.
Either that, or your description is incomplete.

Offline j0hny

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 06:06 PM »

The grandfather is also someone's son, so in your description, there are 3 sons there.
Either that, or your description is incomplete.

it's not my riddle, so it is possible that something is wrong with it :D