Forums
May 03, 2024, 11:17 PM

Author Topic: Logitect illuminated k740 keyboard  (Read 2770 times)

Offline philie

Re: Logitect illuminated k740 keyboard
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40 PM »
What exact model did you get?

logitech illuminated k740
dont remember the serial number, lol

Online Triad

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 11:51 PM »
I heard Logitech G19 is really good for finger roll. But obviously it's expensive as f@#!.

Btw does anyone knows a good keyboard below 50$ to finger roll and WA in general + play other games(fps, rpg, tps etc.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:05 AM by Triad »

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 04:16 AM »
Barman (I believe) have the same keyboard as me and he finger rolls nicely on it.  I don't think you need a keyboard that expensive and be able to FR nicely on it.
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline barman

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 10:22 PM »
Barman (I believe) have the same keyboard as me and he finger rolls nicely on it.  I don't think you need a keyboard that expensive and be able to FR nicely on it.
Yeah but it's not like I learned it overnight, unlike what you are seemingly trying to achieve :P
Still it's a great keyboard for worms. Spacebar doesn't suffer from keylock with any combination of the arrow keys. Very responsive too, easily registers short keypresses, which is important for precise stuff, like notching or BRing in ground schemes. It takes a while to get used to though, the keys "taste" differently than any other keyboard I've had contact with ;)
Before I switched to Illuminated about 3 years ago, I had a cheap (about $12 equivalent) keyboard which lasted me more than 6 years. This one, except mine had a numpad and lacked these fancy multimedia keys at the top. There definitely are cheap keyboards which perform good in roping, but below a certain price level it's pretty much hit or miss.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 12:36 AM »
Very responsive too, easily registers short keypresses, which is important for precise stuff, like notching or BRing in ground schemes.

I actually disagree with this, it's a little too sensitive for notches and the smallest taps possible, I noticed when I tried to BnG I was trying to move like 1 notch several times and it would do 2 a lot of the time while trying to adjust shots slightly, and that's me pressing it extremely lightly/quickly.

But anyway, I currently have 2 keyboards connected for WA so that I am prepared for any needs I have, the Logitech with it's great sensitivity for roping, and another called a cheetah which only cost like $10 which is the best i've ever used for ground schemes and those small taps, it kinda feels like you are playing in slow motion while using it compared to others haha.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 12:56 AM »
steelseries 6gv2 for the win...

also look into lubricating your switches, or cleaning your keyboard, that helps tremendously, just google "lubricating Cherry MX switches" that is if your switches are Cherry MX...

if your keyboard is PCB-mounted, you can take off the switches to clean the springs/stems etc...

mine on the other hand is plate mounted, most keyboards now adays on the market are plate mounted, so just take like a straw/Q-tip or something and dab it in oil/lube and put it on your switch and push down on it so it gets inside, does no harm (that is if you are using the right kind of lubricant). Krytox 205 grease works nicely on stems/springs, but is quite pricey... I prefer using DuPont Teflon Silicone Lubricant (can find it on amazon, not really around in stores, very low viscosity lubricant and works well on all applications, safe to use on rubber and plastics). I got a 4-oz bottle of it (you DO NOT want the spray, you want the liquid, so you can dab it on a Q-tip or use a straw) and I just use it on my switch-tops and dab it on and press down so it goes down into the stem, works like a charm, makes everything feel like butter, I clean my keyboard every few months and lube it up, just started doing so actually, makes it feel brand new, types great, ropes great, etc. Here's a link to the lubricant, it's about $15.50 + shipping so a total of about $22... unless you have amazon prime :) http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Teflon-Silicone-Lubricant-Squeeze/dp/B00BCVXUVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437181805&sr=8-1&keywords=dupont+teflon+silicone+lubricant

mine are Cherry MX black switches, best of luck to you bro
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:12 AM by Twiddle »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 12:14 AM »
So i am taking my guess that illuminated k740 keyboard isn't a good FRing keyboard to use? Stylez and i were playing some warmers earlier and told me that there is a reaction time on the spacebar or something like that. I kinda still feel like this illuminated k740 keyboard's reaction time is slow for FR. :/ (I use Z and Alt as my two space keys)... I am not too sure if its just my finger or the 2 space keys i mapped to. :/ When I try to rope horizontally and try to press my two space keys really fast, i couldn't get my rope to shoot or get no reaction at all. :/
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline Ryan

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 12:20 AM »
I use the Steelseries 6vg2, same keyboard as Twiddle.
I find it a good keyboard for control but not tapping (heavy black switches)

For me, I still don't know what makes the perfect roping keyboard.
In RR, I find tapping pointless, so I think the arrow keys are more important than the arrow keys.

For warmer, it might not be the best keyboard but what do you want to achieve?

Offline biscuits

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 12:45 AM »
I use the Steelseries 6vg2, same keyboard as Twiddle.
I find it a good keyboard for control but not tapping (heavy black switches)

For me, I still don't know what makes the perfect roping keyboard.
In RR, I find tapping pointless, so I think the arrow keys are more important than the arrow keys.

For warmer, it might not be the best keyboard but what do you want to achieve?

Ey Ryan, glad to see someone else uses the same keyboard as me :) haha. Anyways, Cherry MX black switches and red switches are the best for gaming, almost identical. The switches aren't that heavy, they just need to be cleaned, hence why I posted about lubricating your switches (I know it sounds funny but it really does wonders). I would avoid keyboards with blue switches, idk... I put in a lot of review before I got my keyboard and was told Black/Red switches are the best.

As you stated tho, RR, even ropers and wxw... it's really not about taps, hell... roping in general really isn't about taps... I mean, it's nice to show off but... roping mainly relies on your usage of arrow keys and how you're controlling your flow, that's just my personal opinion... cheers!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 12:59 AM »
I read up on the black switches and heard they are heavy.
I didn't care because I don't care about being able to tap, tappibg would ruin my roping.

When someone asks about keyboards and finger rolling, I always wonder what they are trying to achieve..

As for your post Twiddle, I may look into cleaning the keyboard, all the food I've eaten above it has surely had an effect.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 01:17 AM »
I read up on the black switches and heard they are heavy.
I didn't care because I don't care about being able to tap, tappibg would ruin my roping.

When someone asks about keyboards and finger rolling, I always wonder what they are trying to achieve..

As for your post Twiddle, I may look into cleaning the keyboard, all the food I've eaten above it has surely had an effect.

Yeah, they are heavy switches, but heavy switches are good for gaming purposes and still feel good for typing. I nerded out and read reviews that Cherry MX Blacks and Reds are the best for gaming, so yea =P To each their own. Definitely clean that sucker out ! Shoulda seen all the shit that came outta mine! Lube those switches up baby ! haha