Forums
May 17, 2024, 01:24 AM

Author Topic: New Music Video By Me  (Read 1974 times)

Offline twistah

New Music Video By Me
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:29 AM »
Yo.

So here's my qualifying round for that Video Battle Tourney. ;p

Offline avirex

Re: New Music Video By Me
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 03:21 AM »
cool vid, you should edit out that one kid with his pant leg rolled up though :D haha

i wish i could understand it.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 06:03 AM »
I am ridiculously facisnated by buildings like that, I lived with a guy I worked with a while back and he was a professional photographer as well and he had thousands of pictures of ruins n stuff in Poland, was beautiful.

I liked that scene where you walked up the stairs and then started walk chasin the camera, is that someone holding the cam walking backwards? He either has a very steady hand or the cam has a very good anti-shake thingymabob.

The guy with the rolled up trouser leg - ROFL, just looks like a DoubleTime trying to be cool or something, epic fail...

The other guy looked pretty natural and cool until he looked at the camera just before he walked behind you twistah, then he ruined it by doing that lol.

I especially really liked the intro, how you walked past, then came back and looked up, so many times I have actually done that in real life i've noticed a hole in the ceiling and went back to check it out, so that part had a nice realistic feeling something I could connect with.

Nice work overall, I think you could improve by having your 2 mates appear more natural, and get them to be more relaxed and less obvious, and get the professor green wannabe to change his gear a bit.

Would you be able to write the lyrics in English for us please?

Offline twistah

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:25 AM »
Ye, Komo. The rolled up trouser leg (XD) walked backwards with the cam.

I can't implement the most of my ideas I have for my videos because I don't have any good camcorder, nor do I have any skill in editing the videos. There are some guys around in that tourney with sick video camcorder + editing. The most of them got more people around that help them out. They don't even cut the videos themself. I have to do everything on my own with my shitty equipment. Also the recording quality sucks dick. I'm at the very beginning with the technique behind all that rapping shit. I'm pretty good in lyrics and rapping overall I would say, but theres more to do to make a proper track that sounds "normal". Sad, but yea that's how it is.

I could translate it, ye, but without rhyming obviously. But no time right now.

I past the qualifying round, btw. 1256 participants and 623 past it. So yea, got my first opponent already and have to upload my video till Friday 22pm. My opponent already dropped his vid vs me.

I posted a sucky freestyle battle of him in FB for the laugh. Then he messaged me, "you surely searched pretty long until you found a bad freestyle battle of me, if you would have reasearched a bit then you would have found out that the Juice Magazine had 2 sites about me (best freestyler Germanys).

Haha. That guy is pretty known actually as it seems. Nevertheless, his lyrics in that vid doesn't touch me the slightest. He could drop that vid versus anyone. I'm pretty sure that I'm about to destroy him completely. Almost every line I wrote is straight in his face, it's impossible for him to win, except the jury sucks. But that would be a big scandal for that providers of that tourney, cos my lyrics really own him badly. Only his video got a bit better quality than mine, and maybe the recording. That's it. We will see. :)

Offline Devilage

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 06:06 AM »
:P

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:48 AM »
twistah, the best advice I can give you, the best advice i've ever heard, is when you naturally enjoy doing what you do, other people will take onto that faster.

And I hate rich kids who get other people to do their work, I was impressed with your video not because I think you are the best rapper in the world, cuz you ain't lol, not because it's the best backing instrumental in the world (I honestly think I could do better myself if I tried).But because I noticed all the small natural passionate things, especially you, and the fact you are doing it all yourself, and the only help you will accept is probably that of your closest friends.

Now, I don't know what the f@#! you are rapping about lol, but I can tell as a fellow music lover, you have a VERY good sense of rythem, ALOT of passion, and you are VERY confident, these are the 3 most important things in music as far as I am concerned.

Offline philie

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 07:35 AM »
twistah, pls keep us updated bout how the battle is going and gl!

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:51 AM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:59 AM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Dub laughs, because he listens to songs like...

"dont rock the juke box"

and

"she thinks my tractors sexy"

anyway...

whats up with that video twis?? i noticed he mocked your facebook.. but was the rest jokes on you? what was with that retard wearing a mask? and what was with the scene where they were bending over? lol i could not understand them, obviously.. so i can not tell if those were some kind of jokes aimed at you?.... if not... you should deff joke on those specific scenes... lol, easy targets

Offline twistah

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 09:24 PM »
Thanks for your words, Komo. Keeps me motivated for sure.
I just don't get what you mean with the "backing instrumental" and "you could do better". What do you mean?

The FB page he has in his vid just shows a comment of me and makes absolutely no sense, lol. I only posted that I past the qualifying round with even an uncutted video. True story, I made the video in last second and had no time to cut it before uploading because the PC was lagging. So I posted it uncutted haha.

The lyrics he dropped really sucked for a battle in my opinion. Only true things I noticed he said about me is that my cam sux, lol. I on the other hand dissed his name "What do I need a deelah for if im dope myself" XD. Then I owned his label "Trashcan music". "The reason you are in trashcan music is that you drop only shitty tracks and the people put it via drag & drop into the trashcan". It sounds dumb in English since nothing Rhymes, but my lyrics are on a technically very high level. I use very much doublesensed words like.. "robin hood, im robbin in another hood". Just an example in English. Well then I use much punchlines and also said "you cocadealer, the only lines you punch/strech (pansch in German) are drugs" and so on.. He stands no chance man really.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 06:41 AM »
Twistah, I meant that the music, the instrumental, sounds like it's from one of those websites rookies go to to get free music to practise rapping over... It isn't a very good production, your vocals are too loud, they don't have the right levels or effects so they don't mix well with the actual music, I however really like the chopped part, it's done really well actually.

I think the composition is nice, just the mixdown isn't so good.

Offline twistah

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 11:04 PM »
The beat is by Three 6 Mafia - Doe Boy Fresh. I think you might know that song. ;o I like it pretty much actually. Ye, the mixdown sucks bigtime since I got absolutely no skill with the equalizer and everything around the mixing. My recording was totally overdriven too, that was the best I could do on my own. Like I said, I'm at the very beginning around the technical stuff behind doing a proper track.

However, recorded my stuff today against that DeeLah guy and doing the video tomorrow. Also gonna drop the video on youtube tomorrow. I'm gonna send my recording to Moretime Productions in Berlin to mix it up professionally for 20€. I think the quality is going to own. The track is very well actually. Got my mate in the hook. We will see if I'ma win. I'm confident though. ;p

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53 AM »
Sounds good man, good luck & keep us updated :)

Offline twistah

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 08:50 PM »

submitted my round like 4 hours after the deadline.. had problems with the f@#!ing video. so that's like 7 penalty points for me. i don't think that im'a win with them ;D -.-

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 01:19 AM »
ooh, hey new TUS alias...

and twistah... c'mon man... get that kid with the pantlegs rolled up out of ur video :DDDDDD

hahahahah again he ruined a good thing :p