Forums
May 15, 2024, 10:04 AM

Author Topic: Peppers D  (Read 7348 times)

Offline ANO

Re: Peppers D
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 12:40 AM »
cool video yeaaa

Offline angus

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 12:52 AM »
The hottest peppers

Offline Husk

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 04:54 PM »

so true angus (:

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 02:29 PM »
I've been growing chili peppers and some of mine are ready to harvest.

What are the next steps? How do i prepare them, should i try them out?

Offline ANO

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:34 AM »
That's cool Chicken, what peppers have you?
There are many ways to consume or to conserve them... Depending also on what peppers they are...
You can prepare some sauce to use during the year, spicy sauces, some oils, you should even dry them, or cut into little pieces and put into the freezer to use whenever you want (they seem really fresh...)...

Offline theredi

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 11:27 AM »
buiiiiiiiii ano u inspired me, im gonna start grow my peppers coz the ones i order on my pizza are not spicy enough already ;D

i have seeds of: couple different colour jalapenos. chilli bulgarian carrot, chilli litle elf, Cayen Long Slim, Tabasco, Habanero yellow & white and pepperoni

any advices about soil, fertilizers etc?? im gonna do it under a lamp coz winter is coming ;D

Offline ANO

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 11:57 AM »
BUIBUIIII
Nice to hear this Redi!!!
it's too much soon, you should start in jenuary to allow the plants to be outside in springtime etc... but... if yu have the light ;) that's ok...

I bought some seeds here http://www.peperzaden.nl/ and other seeds in some shops... Don't forget to plant Naga Morich and Bhut jolokia they are the strongest ever!!! habanero 350.000, Naga and bhut 1.000.000 ut/sc xD

Here some guides http://www.thechileman.org/
infos...etc http://www.fiery-foods.com/

Use a germ bo at the begin, it's just a transparent plastic box...
I used a normal soil-seed in the first phase... After when tehy were ready for the first transpalntation I used an universal soil with a fertilizer NPK 5-4, 5-7... Here it was not too warm the weather, that's why I built a green house with Pvc pipes and a plastic transparent sheet, you have to engine a little, but it has worked and it's still working perfect :)
ATM you should use some neon lamp, just the neon, they are really cheap and they work... just put not so far from the plants... 15..20 cm... use chains, use everything... look at some building on those sites ;)
Ask me any questions, i'll help yu if I can :)
buibuiiii

Offline theredi

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 12:47 PM »
hehe u wanna kill me? i`ll try the strongest later, these must be pretty damn hot too ;D ye greehouse is cool but i dont have place for it but lot of spare space inside,

about these neons dont worry, i`ve got these babies:

Offline ANO

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 12:54 PM »
auhauiaauh nice spotlights...  8)

Offline theredi

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 01:57 PM »
also tell me how high they usually grow and how big pots for the final destination they need coz i dont wanna waste space ;p

Offline ANO

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 02:12 PM »
about height, my plants are now 1 metre +/- ...
When they will be productive they should be 1 metre X 50/80 cm width... +/- depending on a lot of reasons... but considering you will put them inside with that neons.. they should be like this: 80 cm / 100 cm height - 40/70 cm widht...  Some kind of plants are less tall and less large maybe.. like 20 cm width...

Offline theredi

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 02:20 PM »
hmm not good about width i was thinking about 100x150 cm box and put there 7/8 plants or 10 maybe, but i think i can train them with strings or something ;p, what about pots, 5, 10 or 15 L? how big the roots can be

Offline ANO

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 02:28 PM »
yu can also wdge the plants.. they have branches...  I think yu can put them into 100x150 box...
About the pot, when they will be adult something like 15/25 L would be fine..

Right now you only need this kind of plot http://www.pepperfriends.com/forum/topic/1823-bonnet-2009/

Offline theredi

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 05:18 PM »
yee i know, i study gardening and i know the stuff ;D i just wanna organise everything well

Offline ANO

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 01:06 PM »
i study gardening and i know the stuff ;D

I had that feeling x<<D