Forums
May 04, 2024, 03:30 PM

Author Topic: ppl who speak german  (Read 2349 times)

Offline DioZ

Re: ppl who speak german
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 09:49 AM »
So in my Opinion a guy that speak portugues , german, spanish and english...

German is a harder language then english because like DEN said you have the
"der ,die ,das" tought comparing to other languages like russian or polish for me looks like hell

My Tip is dont try to connect any language to your home or know language as i speak multi languages that helped me alot

but final word is learn german isnt that hard if you rly wanna learn it i did it also and it wasnt that hard

Peace DioZ

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17 AM »
unlike english with it's silly rules regarding verbs and pronunciation.

How dare you talk about English lan... oh wait. My first language is Persian. nvm :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline DENnis

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 04:41 PM »
i would like to read something from Dioz or sm0k , cos if im right they live in germany and they are from portugal and poland respectively

One of my favourite sites to translate: http://dict.leo.org/

German is harder than english, if u try to speak correct with clumsy grammar things and all that rules like "der, die, das" = the.

If u compare German with all languages I guess German is one of the easy languages  ... just look at the asians or russian or other puta porra languages XD

oh
lol at puta porra languages xD

Yeah German is a little harder to learn than English because our grammar is a little bit more complex. If you got the hang of it once though, it's fairly easy I guess.. It's hard to tell because we're native speakers so we learned it in our childhood. :P

german ppl sound like if they are angry xD , and about last part, ye i know

i hope CF, FD, peja and nino, ofc, help me with it!

Yes, sure FD can try help you, 4 of 7 from us are living in Germany (and wowwow learned some German too) :D

Maybe there are just many angry people who let the words sound angry then, too, but at all I think German is a friendly language if you speak relaxed and not like many (not all) "Hartz IV" (over 1 year workless) people with their own slang which is not the real German. Sorry Peja, I didn't mean you with this, I remember you phoned me a long time ago to come and play a 2vs2 with you so I had to wake up at the afternoon and come to support you ^^. Although many people down there in Bayern have their own language/dialect and are harder to understand you sounded friendly, too :D

And we have other strange things I don't like so much in the German language:

du, dich, dir (Duzen) / Sie, Ihnen (polite form [ling.] - (Siezen)) = you

To people we know good, to young people and to friends you could say it like: Hey, du Arschloch! Sorry, ich wollte dir nicht wehtun. (hey, you asshole! Sorry, I didn't want to hurt you.)

To your boss in big companys, to older people or to people you don't know you should be superfriendly and talk to him/her with "Sie" and not with "du", until they say to you that you can say "du" to them: Hallo, Sie Arschloch! Verzeihung, ich wollte Ihnen nicht wehtun. (hello, you asshole! Sorry, I didn't want to hurt you.)

The important thing at the polite form is the BIG "S" or "I", so press shift for the first letter. Because if you write all small it has another translation which wouldn't make sense there.

Edit: Hartz IV (Srry that I didn't know how to write that correct ^^)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:25 PM by DENnis »

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 05:07 PM »
German is not hard language....try learn polish ;d

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 09:06 PM »
don't know about polish, but I found hungarian to be hard to learn :) (latin doesn't count, right? damn 20-line-long-sentences)

Offline nino

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 09:13 PM »
try to learn Phantonish!!!   Or  Huskovnish XDDD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Rok

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Just do it. I learned German in elementary/high school and it's not really harder than english (quite the contrary in some aspects). It's just not so omnipresent than english is. There's really not so much to learn regarding die/der/das (compared to slavic languages, whoa). Speaking english properly is not as easy as people think, we're all just so used to it and to everyone to just understand it so we don't realize how many mistakes we're actually doing.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz