Forums > Off Topic

Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game

<< < (4/13) > >>

Tomi:
Wow, very nice job! :O

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: Sensei on March 25, 2018, 09:52 PM ---Looks cool m8! Would be fun to do some multiplayer at this.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm planning to add multiplayer support, but the game architecture needs to be rewritten for this which takes more effort than expected. The problem comes from attempting to synchronize game states efficiently across network and having consistent and deterministic destructible terrain and physics. I'll probably go for peer-to-peer architecture (which I suspect W:A is currently implemented) which can be extended to client-server via "HostingBuddy" easily. Currently I've created a lobby through which you can communicate and start a game on a predefined map (merely as a proof of concept):

[attachment=1]

Another big challenge that I will face is creating replay subsystem...

I'm finishing university this year and I think I'm gonna dedicate far more resources on this. This is why I'm sharing with you what I've done so far, perhaps some folks would be interested in the development process (making sprites, sound effects and what not), because I'm mostly proficient in programming rather than other aspects of game development. And who is more knowledgeable about W:A's special gameplay if not you.  ;)

TheKomodo:
Great stuff!

--- Quote from: Xrayez on March 25, 2018, 08:00 PM ---I need to replace those sound effects ASAP so I could probably stream the development at Twitch freely.

--- End quote ---

Just get in touch on Discord, tell me what you need :)

Xrayez:
Hey guys, great news! I know that a lot of you are roping junkies, so I took some time to improve the rope (both the mechanics and texturing) and decided to show it off.

PNG map by Nullum - https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-2144/

I haven't performed advanced rope tricks presented in the map because some of them are difficult, and some I just skipped because those were impossible to pull-off with the current mechanics which need to be refined through configuring proper physics properties, therefore I'm not quite satisfied with it yet. The "pump" feeling is there, but not consistent.

Rope pushing/pulling affects the character after rope is detached, which tends to mess up with rope scrolls, but I'm not sure whether it's just a thing of the habit or simply new mechanism. This can be partially observed in the Cannonball trick at 0:58 which created massive pump that might be inappropriate in some cases. All-in-all, I'm aiming to create consistent rope mechanics at the very least.

HHC:
looks good rayez, the gravity has a slightly bitter impact than in WA, but overall, it's already better than the W:R one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version