Forums
May 07, 2024, 03:01 PM

Author Topic: What keyboard do you use?  (Read 6797 times)

Offline flex

What keyboard do you use?
« on: January 27, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Please say what keyboard you use and most importantly if it has keylock or not. To test it : http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/AntiGhostingExplained.mspx For exemple 4 arrows + space at the same time and see if they are all accepted.  I'll update this post to make a list.

No keylock : Logitech G11, G15, Logitech media elite, Microsoft Wired 500 (Numpad), Dell Sk-8100, Razer Tarantula

Keylock : All Cherry models, Logitech G15 Refresh, Logitech Ultra-Flat
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:26 PM by flex »

Offline nino

Re: What keyboard do you use?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:04 PM »
g15, no keylock, nice to roping imo,  but doesnot matter cos theres a dumb typing >>>nino<<<
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline flex

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Aye puto, I know the G15 but I don't like how it looks, screen and too many macros etc

Offline franz

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24 PM »
here is a visual keylock test which I think is better: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/AntiGhostingExplained.mspx

nice post at team17 forums naming specific models/brands + keylock (see 11th post down): http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=33321

the past threads here at TUS might be the most helpful though:

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tus-discussion/the-keyboard-i-am-gonna-buy-like-now/
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/new-keyboard/
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/keyboard/

Offline chakkman

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:31 PM »
g15, no keylock, nice to roping imo,  but doesnot matter cos theres a dumb typing >>>nino<<<
The newer G15 (orange keyboard lighting) actually has a keylock.  ::) Also the space and the other keys feel like crap compared to the old G15 (blue lighting). Logitech is like all the other manufacturers, selling more and more cheap equipment for a high price. If you are looking for a nice kb for worms, check some used older keyboards, for example the old logitech media keyboard elite, should be great for roping as i have read in some older threads regarding keyboards. I own the successor of that keyboard (the one with the round F-keys) and it's ok too, no beylock or anything, space gets crappy a bit quick though, should be better with the old media kb elite...

Offline nino

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:38 PM »
well iam not really expert with KB, but i never had any keylock with mine at least for roping it was ok.

it might have keylock like u said, but for worms it does the job
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Well you can get used to keylock by simply releasing all arrow keys on the tap, takes some time to get used to it tho (i never did). If you want to check if you have keylock do the following: press all arrow keys at the same time, then with them pressed hit space to tap and if it doesnt shoot the rope you have keylock. Of course it's not v common to press all arrow keys while roping, but the new g15 had it on some combination of arrow keys, don't exactly remember now, left and up/down key or right + up/down key which sucks for rr. :(

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Sadly Media Elite Keyboard isn't produced anymore. I heard there was a Shoppa tourney back in the past where prize for 1st place was this keyboard. :)

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 has keylock, though you can use 1235 keys on numpad as arrows like me.

Offline Madden

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 06:49 PM »
I have a G15 and i hate the space bar :/ It does have keylock but only if you press all 3 arrow keys lol, never bothered me.

I have to say though, it's a durable mother f@#!er. I had a leak in my house one night. I left some computer shit directly under where it leaked, the G15 was there too. I picked it up and water literally POURED out of the sides of it. I assumed it was f@#!ed so used it to help deflect some water out the window. It must have been getting drenched for 8+ hours. I let it dry for a few days, plugged it in and everything worked perfectly, including the little screen!!!

I was amazed. 10 for durability, 1 for space bar sux.
[NAiL`bOr] if u see me
[NAiL`bOr] ur gonna think im f@#!in weird man

Offline franz

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I have a G15 and i hate the space bar :/ It does have keylock but only if you press all 3 arrow keys lol, never bothered me.

I have to say though, it's a durable mother f@#!er. I had a leak in my house one night. I left some computer shit directly under where it leaked, the G15 was there too. I picked it up and water literally POURED out of the sides of it. I assumed it was f@#!ed so used it to help deflect some water out the window. It must have been getting drenched for 8+ hours. I let it dry for a few days, plugged it in and everything worked perfectly, including the little screen!!!

I was amazed. 10 for durability, 1 for space bar sux.

haha xD
+1 keyboard story

Offline flex

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 07:39 PM »
franz I had actually read that topic at T17 actually not long ago and I thought i'd make the same topic here. But none in the list caught my attention they are either old or crappy (zboard for exemple, it could be the best kb in the world it looks so awful). But thanks for your help.

I actually almost bought the G15 refresh (with orange light), because I had found a very nice price on a french site. But the orange light and how it looks stopped me. This is dumb no keylock on old g15 (which everyone finds better) but keylock on the new one x_x As Madden says I had read on some forums those logitech g11 g15 etc aren't that nice anyway, you pay because it's labelled as"gamer" but it's nothing special. Same with Razer keyboards, it seems it's bad quality for the expensive price it is.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:41 PM by flex »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 07:49 PM »
I use logitech g15 v2 (the orange one), what you can see on my video if you don't believe and I like this keyboard.
Well, it has keylock for 3 arrows + space, but you can keep pressed 2 arrows without keylock, so it's not problem :)
I sometimes press the 3rd arrow but it's just only by mistake ;)
and I have never used any macro lol, I just bought this kb for worms, just wanted to be sure I will be free of keylock :P need to check it one day :)

Offline flex

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 08:01 PM »
Yeh the refresh has less macros but the G15 has like 18 which is useless

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Standard Dell:

It's served me well most of my worming career. Everything else I've tried just doesn't hold up, I think it's mainly just a matter of being used to the arrows (no keylock of course).

Offline Random00

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 11:31 AM »
I bought the Razer Tarantula 10 months ago, and I just like it.
There might be keyboards out there with a similar quality that are cheaper, tho ;d