Forums
May 05, 2024, 01:39 AM

Author Topic: what windows and browser?  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Hakfinn

what windows and browser?
« on: February 17, 2010, 07:31 AM »
hey guys ;D
what windows have u using? i think about change the windows from xp on seven.. but im not sure ;) windows seven is rly other from xp and much programs can don't works good, not? used this windows five days and w:a had problems with colors etc.:-X ;)
what browser you prefer? i think firefox/opera is good - dunno what's better 8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:32 AM by Hakfinn »
Wanna play my maps? No problem, you can find my maps at http://www.wmdb.org/users/Hakfinn  Let's play and enjoy!

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: what windows and browser?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 07:49 AM »
I'm using windows XP SP2/Firefox 2

Windows 7 is the future OS but it needs time. Firefox is the best browser ever. (Bug/security/interpret-speed wise)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 08:08 AM »
Windows 7 Ultimate / Firefox

Offline Hakfinn

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I'm using windows XP SP2/Firefox 2

Windows 7 is the future OS but it needs time. Firefox is the best browser ever. (Bug/security/interpret-speed wise)
True, it needs time of course ;)

Ray, W:A works good for u on the Windows 7 Ultimate?
Not much people are using Opera browser, did you tried? :P
Im using Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate (sometimes) | Browser: Opera/sometimes Firefox but think about change this on Firefox all time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:32 AM by Hakfinn »
Wanna play my maps? No problem, you can find my maps at http://www.wmdb.org/users/Hakfinn  Let's play and enjoy!

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Well I only need to shut down explorer.exe every time I run worms.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Windows 7 64x and Opera
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Hakfinn

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Well I only need to shut down explorer.exe every time I run worms.
They sucks :o You can't play normally 8)

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 11:27 AM »
Lol.

Worms sux in Windows 7, colors are f@#!ed up, and as Ray said you gotta close explorer.exe everytime you play !
Also i noticed i couldnt join directly from Snooper !

I use it cuz of new comp, couldnt put XP in it, dunno why.. but if you can keep XP, then I suggest you to keep it !
I havent seen yet any "new awesome feature" in windows7 that I had not in XP, it's kinda the same shit with some new useless visual effects, or new useless features like shaking ur window to close other windows in the background.. I'm against any new product from MS hahah they suck more and more every year imo !

and for the browser I use .. IE6 of course !! cuz i love it for his non-respect of css standars and the way he f@#! up the designs !!!  :P
lol J/K I use FF 3.6!

Offline Hakfinn

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 11:36 AM »
and for the browser I use .. IE6 of course !! cuz i love it for his non-respect of css standars and the way he f@#! up the designs !!!  :P
lol J/K I use FF 3.6!
Ha ha nice joke x]

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 01:11 PM »
xp and chrome ftw!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Zemke

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Windows XP SP3 and Firefox 3.6. Windows XP is more stable than Windows 7. I hate Internet Explorer. :)

Offline beer

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50 PM »
windows 7 ultimate / firefox - chrome, when I'm using googlewave.

of course i have bugs here, but it get fixed.
im using wk+wkcolorbug, its still bug when i host, or when i join in any host, even when i change the map, but in game it get fixed so i can play well, without any problmes.

drama queen iz back

Offline Wormwarrior

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Windows seven suxxxx, i am using it lol xD the best system for play worms is windows 98 lol xD when i begin in wn i was on windows 98, 56 mo ram , Hard disk 4go xD and conection 128kbs, and i had no lags, now i am on amd64 dual core on windows seven and i have somes lags :S, so for the net explorer i am using ff, but try google crhome taht rox, i was using it when i was on linux ubuntu it's very fast and nice look... i will donwload it next time to try it on widows seven xD

Offline Guaton

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 02:57 AM »
windows xp sp3 

firefox

Offline Rok

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 07:40 AM »
vista, firefox

I had no problems with vista whatsoever, so far :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz