Forums
May 05, 2024, 02:19 PM

Author Topic: What's your real passion?  (Read 3263 times)

Offline JayX

What's your real passion?
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Hey guys, just watched NinjaCamel's video with his Diablo (very sweet btw dude!) and listened to DJ-M4R1O's track he uploaded and I thought I'd make a thread of the skills we have at home, not the WA related ones we all share but the things that make us unique.

Well I'm a drummer, and can post some things about my band if people are interested but for now here's just a vid of me having a little play a few years ago.

Post up links, vids etc to your work  :)

Re: What's your real passion?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:52 PM »
lol nlF ambassador on fire ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline CJ

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Well ever since i became a father in October 2009. I've dedicated my life to that, personally i dont find any greated honor/priveledge in life to that.

The smile on my daughters face when she sees me is priceless, and the laugh when shes having fun is also brilliant.
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 11:14 PM »
hey cool drumming m8 I am also a drummer, vids of ur band would be nice!
worm and learn

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Hey guys, just watched NinjaCamel's video with his Diablo (very sweet btw dude!) and listened to DJ-M4R1O's track he uploaded and I thought I'd make a thread of the skills we have at home, not the WA related ones we all share but the things that make us unique.

Well I'm a drummer, and can post some things about my band if people are interested but for now here's just a vid of me having a little play a few years ago.

Post up links, vids etc to your work  :)

Very nice drumming.  I agree.  You barely lost time and some of those runs were hard.  I'm not a drummer but I thought I noticed some 1/32 length strikes which I understand to be pretty hard.

;O

I play the piano although don't get as much time as I'd like to play these days.

Here's a vid of me playing Final Fantasy VII theme.  Turn the volume up because the video is a little quiet for some reason :<

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 11:44 PM »
Well ever since i became a father in October 2009. I've dedicated my life to that, personally i dont find any greated honor/priveledge in life to that.

The smile on my daughters face when she sees me is priceless, and the laugh when shes having fun is also brilliant.
+1  :) No one without kids will understand. It's the best feeling in the world!  :)

Offline barman

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 12:22 PM »
I'm fond of everything optics-related, especially photography and astronomy!

Here are some of my favourite shots 8)

And a hand-drawn sketch of Jupiter as seen through my telescope:

I'm going on some celestial hunting tonight as well :)
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Maciej

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 12:30 PM »
wow, nice pictures Barman!
is first photo taken by you? where have you found so nice place!? looks great

Offline JayX

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 12:47 PM »

That's nice CJ, and certainly a good passion to have dude. I look forward to the day I can say the same about myself (the way my wife is talking atm I don't think I will be able to put it off much longer)

Thx NaiL, I will post some soon, I would imagine it will be some older live footage but I'll put some up anyway. Have you got any vids of you playing?

Cueshark that vid is awesome bro, I have tried my hand at the keys a few times but it's just never really clicked with me. Beautiful instrument though. The clip I posted of me was just a jam really, I have never sat down and really learned that piece so it is a little sketchy in a few places but yeah anything by Machine Head is pretty tricky to play. I'm ok at 32nd note fills etc as I have been playing for near 15 yers now, but I just started work on poly-rhythms.. now that's hard! playing 2 seperate time signatures at the same time. Makes my face melt, but I'm getting it :)

Barman those pics are amazing, like Maciej said the 1st one especially is particularly beautiful. Where was that shot?

Offline barman

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 12:47 PM »
Thanks ;)
All pics are mine. The first one is from Plitvice Lakes in Croatia.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline JayX

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 12:51 PM »
I think I know where I am going on vacation next  :D

Offline HHC

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 03:30 PM »
I'm fond of everything optics-related, especially photography and astronomy!

cool barman  :)

what's the most interesting thing you ever caught on your telescope?

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 04:20 PM »
did you add some effect to that first pic???  it almost seems like a fairy tail of a place...  is there some blurr effect thing going on? or is the land and water just that pure?

Offline mae

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 04:46 PM »
What would the world be without passions? without all the things that make you feel good, here we are more than nicknames, we are people in search of our dreams!

Very nice drumming JayX and thank you for the post :)

CJ and Rabbit I am not a parent so I can not understand what you feel, but I can only wish you happiness and good luck with your family. :)

Beautiful solo Cueshark you are very talented dude, by the way nice song "I am a noob" :P

Barman what a beautiful places!! i love the second one xD and the first one is special for a big wormnet meeting  :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:35 PM by DJ-M4R10 »

Offline Rok

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 05:18 PM »
did you add some effect to that first pic???  it almost seems like a fairy tail of a place...  is there some blurr effect thing going on? or is the land and water just that pure?

Long exposure time I believe.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz