Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:54 PM

Author Topic: Worms Revolution  (Read 14686 times)

Offline zek

Re: Worms Revolution
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2012, 07:42 AM »
omfg this game can suck my balls XD

Offline philie

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2012, 09:20 PM »
I'm going to watch more gameplays and stuff before I can give a honest opinion on the matter.. So far I like the graphics and the maps.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Watched a long gameplay and here's what I think:

It seems different to what we are all used to but that doesn't necessarily have to mean it's going to be horrible. I think most of you are either being too harsh or being harsh cause it's the "cool thing to do" with team17 these days. I say give it a try.

The graphics looks great, I get a nostalgic W:A feeling when I see it, it seems fun.. so I'm going to try it. Besides, it's a step in the right direction and it T17 might not be hitting the nail on the head perfectly but it's sure a lot better than the other crap that's been released. It'd be a good idea to support something like this.

Think about it, W:A was kinda the same when it came out, normal gameplay was the way to go. Then eventually the community started building schemes and team17 had to follow our curve. W:A is what it is because of the community, we helped team17 to create W:A. I'd rather pay for this and hope for the best than completely ignore it.

That's my two cents, anyway. Sorry for the wall.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48 AM »
No No Conny, its all about physics.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2012, 10:51 AM »
I know that's an issue, but hear me out.

When people start playing this new worms. There's going be a crap lot of beginners. Then imagine if the physics was exactly the same and all we WA people came in and just raped the shit out of anyone. It'd be a weird curve there. But if there's differences, then people will learn together. It won't take too long until you get used to new things. Besides, WR might have something really cool coming for it. You have to remember that WA sort of started the same way. The only complaint I'd have about all this is that T17 didn't apply what the community created for WA.. but that will come.

This is why I want to have faith in the product and support T17 for going in the right direction.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:53 AM by Conny »
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2012, 10:56 AM »
I know that's an issue, but hear me out.

When people start playing this new worms. There's going be a crap lot of beginners. Then imagine if the physics was exactly the same and all we WA people came in and just raped the shit out of anyone. It'd be a weird curve there. But if there's differences, then people will learn together. It won't take too long until you get used to new things. Besides, WR might have something really cool coming for it. You have to remember that WA sort of started the same way. The only complaint I'd have about all this is that T17 didn't apply what the community created for WA.. but that will come.

This is why I want to have faith in the product and support T17 for going in the right direction.

yes learn together

HHC #1 W:R

your arguments are 100% demagogy and I just can't see how they apply to reality sorry. You're trying too hard to sound positive, probably because everyone else isn't. However, you're just ignoring all evidence and facts to go your own merry way.

whatever

edit: your blind following of t17 is borderline stupid, you really think new cool things will be released for this new worm game? NO. Only hats they can sell and rip people off for even more money. And I'm telling you for your own good, do not expect anything from them. Never. Or you'll just be disapointed time after time.

edit2: WA wasn't just normal gameplay when it came out. Please inform yourself before trying to make a comparison that doesn't work. Just because you think your made up argument could potentially make sense it doesn't make it real. WA was by no means just normal when it came out. Hence it had league channels for different schemes buddy. And what does that matter anyway? If you put prada on a monkey it's still a monkey. Even if the w:r community had the tools (Which they don't) to create cool schemes they would always be extremely limited by the game's physics and their total lack of depth and gameplayability.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:01 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2012, 12:21 PM »
your arguments are 100% demagogy and I just can't see how they apply to reality sorry. You're trying too hard to sound positive, probably because everyone else isn't. However, you're just ignoring all evidence and facts to go your own merry way.

They aren't. Being optimistic for something that's actually starts to look right is a good think. Being a douche bag, trying to insult people who's positive over something is what's stupid.

your blind following of t17 is borderline stupid, you really think new cool things will be released for this new worm game? NO. Only hats they can sell and rip people off for even more money. And I'm telling you for your own good, do not expect anything from them. Never. Or you'll just be disapointed time after time.

That's extremely close minded. That's the same argument any fanboy of any game tells anyone. "THE ORIGINAL ROCKS EVERYTHING WILL SUCK, PERIOD".

WA wasn't just normal gameplay when it came out. Please inform yourself before trying to make a comparison that doesn't work. Just because you think your made up argument could potentially make sense it doesn't make it real. WA was by no means just normal when it came out. Hence it had league channels for different schemes buddy. And what does that matter anyway? If you put prada on a monkey it's still a monkey. Even if the w:r community had the tools (Which they don't) to create cool schemes they would always be extremely limited by the game's physics and their total lack of depth and gameplayability.

Again. Just a bunch of insults and fanboy dogma.
I'm having faith in that WR could be a good second generation of WA. I don't say it will replace it, I'm saying it seems like a great game and it has potential to become much better. You also seem to forget how easy it is to mod a game like worms armageddon over a game such as this.

Give the game a chance and cut t17 some slack. They're finally going in the right direction after years of crap, being this negative will make anything seem shitty. If people actually looked at the game and saw it's potential I'm sure there would be even better things ahead.

Stop whining...

EDIT: This is the simplest way I can put it: I understand that there's a fanbase for W:A but what I don't get is why everyone must be so extremely negative. It's gotten to the point where if t17 would put out a game that would make every WA gamer super happy, it would still be shunned upon despite it's possibilities. That's sad to me. Especially when they release this and it could potentially be really good and have good things coming for it in the future if people cared enough.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:26 PM by Conny »
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2012, 12:30 PM »
I'm not going to bother to put every single one of your arguments down because quite frankly, you haven't experienced one tenth of what I have experienced directly with Team17 and therefore I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt; you're wrong but just because you lack most of the information.

Feel free to keep on having faith, when it's all gone, remember who wanted to stop you  from having it in the first place.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Feel free to keep on having faith, when it's all gone, remember who wanted to stop you  from having it in the first place.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2012, 03:06 PM »
I think ive stayed on this website for so long because of ropa.  You are my kind of european, you can type, your english is excellent, and you just make sense all the time.  +1  Your dog is pretty lame however, but ill give you a pass on that one.

Seriously though, how is your english so good?  90% of the people I meet on the street in the US aren't half as well versed with the english language as you are.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:08 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline avirex

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2012, 03:33 PM »
ahhh you must have met me in the strreet walrus? hahuahauh

but wtf seriously.. dont encourage him! haha, his head gets bigger with every post he makes.

ropa, your not always right.. if conny wants to have an opinion, then hes entitled to it.. and hes pretty much right on alot of things...   

number1: your a fan boy.

if you cared so much about physics, game play, and capabilities, then gather your school followers and lets go to w2... because lets face it, w:a is a dumbed down version of w2... but as conny said, you are all fanboys.

Offline Husk

« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2012, 03:56 PM »
wwp still better than wa until we get custom single- and custom multiplayer missions

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2012, 05:23 PM »
wwp still better than wa until we get custom single- and custom multiplayer missions

WWP is just not usable by today's standards:

you can't minimize.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2012, 05:51 PM »
i just bought this on xbox... physics pretty much are like w2:a but less glitchy... the roping sucks but that was expected

one good thing that was an improvement from the last game is they added in teleports at start for ranked games, it pretty much pissed me off that w2:a started you randomly... 50% of the games some1 lost just from bad placment

also its hard to find matches and theres no win/loss record, it just shows you how many games you have won

and the competiton sucks, im still undefeated in it and have played about 10 games

ropers will hate this game, defaulters could probably tolerate it, the deathmatch scheme is alot like elite