Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:36 PM

Author Topic: Worms no longer shine!  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

Worms no longer shine!
« on: January 25, 2018, 03:16 AM »
Heya. Title says it all. Worms no longer shine! Even through the Worms series have Worms Armageddon, a shiny game, they no longer shine anyway. Spinoffs kept the Worms series shining from the 2nd Generation and till the 3rd Generation. Since there are no spinoffs in newer generations from 4th Generation onward, Worms have nothing shiny in these generations. WE NEED SPINOFFS! WE NEED MORE SHINY SPINOFFS FOR THE WORMS SERIES! For example, a RPG game with Worms elements and EBF (Epic Battle Fantasy) elements.  Let's name it Worms: Epic Battlefront, for example. Other details are below.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
You can play single player missions (exploring the mission map and fighting in RPG-like fashion), battle locally with your friends and AI players, join in Worms RPG Warfare through WormNET and battle all over the world, purchase hats, shields and souls, and so on. Unlike in the main Worms games, hats aren't just decorative, they are really useful. They can provide ATK boosts to your worms, give your worms special propeleties (evasion, auto-guard, counter, etc.) and affect the Guard command in battle. Shields provide DEF boosts to your worms, allowing you to take less damage from your opponents. Souls give your worms the ability to cast their assigned weapon, or provide positive status effects to your worms. Also, a new mechanic is introduced in this game: Limit Breaks. This mechanic is taken from FF and EBF series, as well, as centrain other RPG games. Worms can activate a Limit Break Weapon once their Limit Break meter is full. The Limit Break Weapons cost full Limit Break Meter. If the Limit Break meter isn't full yet, a normal attack (Bazooka) is automically executed instead. The Coins and Leveling mechanics also return (that's in favor to other RPG-styled games). You can purcase Weapons for Coins and use them in battle by choosing Weapons option and picking them. Normal Weapons cost WP (Weapon Points). Bazooka is an exception for that, this Weapon is a starter, chosen with the Attack command and costs no WP. Leveling is heavier in Worms: Epic Battlefront. You only start with 1 worm and have to level up to unlock extra worms. Most Normal Weapons and all Limit Break Weapons also require to be unlocked through leveling first in the shop. Worms have 4 stats: HP (Health), ATK (Attack), DEF (Defence) and EVA (Evasion). These stats can be upgraded with Stat Cards, worms also recieve some stat boosts when leveled up and with hats and shields. More things might come as the time progresses.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
So what ya think? Do we really need more shiny spinoffs? WA is a shiny game in the main series, but there aren't much spinoffs to enjoy for me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:19 AM by Shadow-The-Worm »
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
Re: Worms no longer shine!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 03:45 AM »
I may make a project that adds elements from all worms games and community worm kits into one big worms game.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:20 AM »
No one knows who you are, or cares for your opinion.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 12:24 PM »
(Just don't protect the XanKriegor faker, okay?)
So, you don't want more shiny spinoffs, eh? Pretty bad. A RPG spinoff is the MISSING spinoff type in the Worms series.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:34 PM by Shadow-The-Worm »
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:25 PM »
spinoffs are almost never good. Worms spinoffs are not an exception
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:49 PM by STRGRN »

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:21 PM »
Look into them closer, SRTGGUY. Worms Crazy Golf offers reunited customisation, that seen in the main Worms series. Compared to Worms Blast, it is a good spinoff.

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 02:49 PM »
They are good spinoffs IMO, but more of a 'mobile' game than a stand-alone full PC game.

WMD is fairly neat, but not superb, but I can see how it can attract some players. I think the issue with us is that we've played WA for many years, so the concept isn't new or different anymore. It's just more of the same.
Compare it with CoD, they are all good games, but I'm sure that people who have played one of the titles for many years are 'disappointed' with what they perceive as a lack of new content/ideas with every new CoD that comes out. Same here, WMD has quite a few new additions to the Worms series, but the general idea is still the same.. (although it is done in a not as polished manner).

Perhaps it's something that T17 can look into. A version of Worms that includes the basic Worms-concept, but that also includes a few mini-games that can give players a different perspective on the game (like Races, like Golf, like Forts, like many more).

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 07:19 PM »
worms very shiny

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 02:36 AM »
They are only very shiny in 2nd and 3rd Generations, because of Worms Armageddon and Spinoffs. You hear me, they don't shine very well in the 1st Generation and 4th Generation onward.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 08:12 PM »
How about we call it "The Great Worm War: A Worms Story"

Also, base its story on the Wormsongs.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 10:04 AM »
Eh... Not really fitting. Worms fight in RPG manner, so strategy is key. There is no platforming, only fighting in RPG manner,
Online PVP RPGing, shopping, skill patching, and everything more seen in RPG games.