Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:57 AM

Author Topic: About the design  (Read 32566 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

About the design
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:57 AM »
Here's the design history.
have to tell this before I take all the credit for it ;)

When I wanted to design TUS, I had designed some other site and I was out of ideas.
So darkmaul asked BigBilly about the design. BigBilly made his design and send that to me. Which was this :

Unfortunately (Or fortunately ;)) his design didn't work in IE6 and had some problems for my codes. So I decided to code his design by that image.

I started with the clouds, when I was putting them in the sky, I thought what if those clouds swing! after making them swing I thought about moving them to right and left ...
and then all other things you see now came to my mind.

I know this design is somehow completely different from BigBilly's. But I gotta say If I had never seen his design, I would never come up with this.

So first of all, Thanks to BigBilly :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline wormassassin

Re: About the design
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 06:55 AM »
the design looks really cool

Offline Jackdaniels

• [url=http://www.userbars.be][img]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/2896/19595wc3.jpg[/img][/url]

• United Kingdom United Kingdom
  • Gotta love that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Yea i like it too monkey :P very gj thus far  :-* 4 u ;]

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 07:16 AM »
yea, I love this design too, it is absolutely awesome
I am looking forward to setting my "scheme" to cheese or snow :D

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Could we have bigger avatars plz?  ;)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 11:44 AM »
I made them bigger, But your avatar original size atm is small, Look how much Xray's got bigger ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 04:32 PM »
woo I got afraid of that huge silly mouse :D

Offline Ramone

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 02:46 AM »
gotta change that tus logo... I go like :o everytime I see it..

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 06:59 AM »
I guess its ok :\

Offline Rioter

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 02:41 PM »
One thing is the header, it is a bit BIG! OK first im relieved the cheap option wasn't taken and used flash, but the header is like on a 1440x900 res screen taking up half the top page. Could you perhaps shrink it.

I know I've told MonkeyIsland, I may as well say here as well

Offline DioZ

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 10:19 AM »
test for sigxD

Offline pr

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 10:21 AM »
can you remove captcha from PM? it's really annoying
>:(  :o >:(

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 11:06 AM »
First 5 PMs need captcha. Then It will be removed :)

Offline Cry

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 06:24 PM »
hello. some advice from myself! i didnt read all suggestions, maybe i repeat someone, then im sorry.

WELL:
the background texture change if u click 'Home' or 'Guides' or 'Schemes'.
that isnt serious imo and looks ugly.

i know that u can change the texture and fix it to 1 texture but it should be normal in official version of TuS.
p.s. sorry for my bad english.

greetings! Cry

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 06:38 PM »
You mean texture of the pages shouldn't change by random? and it must be one?