Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:47 PM

Author Topic: Changes in T17 Scheme  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Changes in T17 Scheme
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06 PM »
I've played T17 with worm selects as well, never was any good.

Why, because it didn't feel like home? Because those are empty words without an explanation.

And I'm aware there's been discussions and decisions, but I have my own intel, so allow me to ignore anything that's been decided by popular vote regarding schemes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:10 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2011, 09:47 AM »
I forgot to mention in my post, along with deleting broken weapons and useless weapons, make it so you can't attack on your first turn.  It only makes sense since it is a scheme with random placing.  Even if the chances to kill a worm on the first turn are low, why ignore the small chance?  Does someone deserve to lose a worm in any circumstance before he even has a turn?  Why should someone be forced to play the 3v4 without even pressing a key?  You have no power in that situation, it is luck, get rid of the luck factor, even if it is low.  Team17 is already a scheme with random placement, random crate drops, random weapons in the crates, why not remove all the luck we can in the luck abundant scheme?

Now I'm not saying t17 is 100% luck, i'm not saying it at all.  If there was a scheme that was 99% skill and 1% luck and the luck was fixable, I feel like it would be logical to fix it.

edit: oh, and if you think the absence of broken weapons makes the game dull, keep them in, but for god's sake, lower the power on them!

2edit:  also, inb4 "what about not attacking first turn in hysteria? there are random placings there"  Hysteria is completely different, you don't have worm select like in t17... even if you start with a worm in danger, it could be 4 turns before you could move it.  Also, hysteria has HUGE rotation advantage elements, unlike t17, which has some, but not as much as hysteria
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:51 AM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Hussar

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 11:41 AM »
just remove Patsy, put an HHC sheme and add 1 homing misille to adventage...... and all will be fine.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 01:58 PM »
@Shyguy

I disagree with the whole "dont attack on the first turn cause you might lose a worm"business. I got one word for an argument: Intermediate.

Obviously different schemes but I would sum up all the changes I'd suggest as follows:

1)increase by1 the probability of homing or pidgeon (which needs more skill to control than homing)

2)have finite girders

3)remove patsy cause its essentially a game breaker like EQ, OR increase chance of all weapons by +1 apart from patsy and EQ so that they have even lower chance of ever appearing

4) play the freakin scheme and accept its randomness inherent factor cause that's mostly what sets it apart from other classic league schemes -just like the beginning of the hysteria game is essentially pointless in 90% of games since you'll always end up in a 1VS1 situation, or a moreVS1 in which all worms beyond the 1rst one are just holding you back :P (yes I know that thats not always the case but its almost always the case :)

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Nice argument about Intermediate, Desetroyah, i agree with You. Team17 allows You play the game with 2 or 3 worms np, You just need to get good hides and weapons that keep the enemy far away from ur worms.

But, why infinite girders?

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 03:32 PM »
@Shyguy

I disagree with the whole "dont attack on the first turn cause you might lose a worm"business. I got one word for an argument: Intermediate.

...no... In intermediate, you have 8 worms each, you already start out with a shit load of weapons, and it is likely both players can kill on the first turns.  In t17, that is not the case at all... in the case of t17, several factors play in: you need to start at a plopable location, your opponent needs to be in the same zone, a crate needs to fall in that zone, and the crate and to be something that can plop you.  In intermediate, you have 8 worms... the only factor is being randomly placed by the water, which is likely to happen for both teams...

<-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline avirex

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 04:12 PM »
also: intermediate is played bo3 dont forget....   

its pretty silly to compare 2 separate schemes when trying to make a point...  it reminds me of someone a while back constantly comparing the league to a football league...  does not work, lets just stick with apples to apples :D

its like saying there are weapon crates in shoppa, why not in roper?  :p

ps: i did not read this entire topic, and not even the entire thread of each post... i just skimmed through the last 3 posts and figured i would add my 2cents :P