Forums
April 16, 2024, 05:20 AM

Author Topic: Team17 league scheme (official scheme suggestion)  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Team17 league scheme (official scheme suggestion)
« on: August 10, 2021, 07:40 PM »
I would like to suggest that this version of the T17 scheme also be accepted as the league's official scheme: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-3891/.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 11:52 AM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Team 17 league scheme
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 09:22 PM »
I would like to propose that the attached scheme was the official Team 17 league scheme. I don't know who created this alternative scheme, but I have always used it and my opponents like it.

Is that the one Deadcode made? If so I think most experienced Team17 players prefer it.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Team 17 league scheme
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 09:36 PM »
I would like to propose that the attached scheme was the official Team 17 league scheme. I don't know who created this alternative scheme, but I have always used it and my opponents like it.

Is that the one Deadcode made? If so I think most experienced Team17 players prefer it.

I'm not that competitive player right now, but Deadcode's scheme is great, better than the old Team17 used in the league. I also enjoy Island Team17 and variations by ShyGuy.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Senator

Re: Team17 league scheme (official scheme suggestion)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 03:06 PM »
It's Deadcode's scheme that is very similar to the WL scheme. He changed the power of Bow (3 -> 4) and the probability of Banana Bomb (3 -> 2). I don't agree with those changes. The WL scheme is fine, though!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:09 PM by Senator »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 03:20 PM »
Wait, I thought the power of bow was reduced from dealing 50 damage to much less?

Offline Senator

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 03:36 PM »
Wait, I thought the power of bow was reduced from dealing 50 damage to much less?

The WL scheme has it reduced from 50 to standard 15 per arrow (Bow upgrade off). Deadcode's scheme has it somewhere between.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:40 PM by Senator »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 10:36 PM »

The WL scheme has it reduced from 50 to standard 15 per arrow (Bow upgrade off). Deadcode's scheme has it somewhere between.

I prefer the scheme by Deadcode, 22 for bow just makes it a bit more interested and unique, that little bit better in damage terms than FP and DB which you have unlimited of.

I wasn't aware that the nana probability was less in DC's, but it works and I don't mind it either.

Both WL and DC scheme are better than TUS official and I would happily vote in favour of either of these schemes replacing TUS official.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 03:39 AM »
During a 2vs2 game, Adnan and I acquired two banana bombs while our opponents acquired 1. We still had a fun game, just something I thought I'd share.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Senator

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 04:15 PM »

I prefer the scheme by Deadcode, 22 for bow just makes it a bit more interested and unique, that little bit better in damage terms than FP and DB which you have unlimited of.

I wasn't aware that the nana probability was less in DC's, but it works and I don't mind it either.

Both WL and DC scheme are better than TUS official and I would happily vote in favour of either of these schemes replacing TUS official.

"just makes it a bit more interesting and unique" - I don't think that's good enough reason to change the Bow damage from the default 15. My question is, why pick Bow out of all weapons and buff that weapon only? Why not buff Handgun or Mole too? According to WL stats, Bow at 15 damage was used more often than Handgun, Mole or Mortar.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 04:51 PM »

"just makes it a bit more interesting and unique" - I don't think that's good enough reason to change the Bow damage from the default 15. My question is, why pick Bow out of all weapons and buff that weapon only? Why not buff Handgun or Mole too? According to WL stats, Bow at 15 damage was used more often than Handgun, Mole or Mortar.

If at this moment in time, the only difference between TUS scheme and DC's is 22 damage then we're certainly close to agreeing on a new official TUS t17 scheme?

Perhaps DC can give his thoughts and reasons why he switched bow to 22?

In the meantime can we update the TUS scheme to be the version with 15 and then discuss the minor change on bow ongoingly? :)

Offline Sycotropic

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 08:41 AM »
For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind a buff on handgun/mole/etc :P

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 11:47 AM »
I would like to ask that at least the player has the right to choose DC scheme in their T17 picks. The league's official scheme, with all due respect, has some very bad aspects.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 11:52 AM by Albus »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 12:34 PM »
You can play DC or WL schemes upon agreement.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.