Forums
May 05, 2024, 06:12 AM

Author Topic: Extreme TTRR  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Ray

Extreme TTRR
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:07 AM »
This is just an idea, I don't know if it will go anywhere.

I thought about this: to spice up a normal TTRR game a little bit, how about changing the evaluation of the times a little. Everything stays the same as a normal TTRR game, you have 3 worms, but in this Extreme version, you have to finish all your worms and your score is the average of the three times.

The only thing I don't know how to deal with is if for example, someone plops his first worm. Then the opponent could just saferope three worms into the finish and win, so any ideas how to circumvent that situation would be highly appreciated. :)

I thought about having like 5 worms and you have to finish 3, but that's not extreme enough, well is it? :D

Re: Extreme TTRR
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Every worm not finishing could count as their worst time for the other two worms plus 5 or 10 seconds?

Or something along those lines.

:)

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:57 AM »
Then someone could do a very good time and then just keep falling with the rest of the worms, and still win.

Perhaps if you fall with 2 worms, your opponent can saferope into finish and win, if you fall with only one worm, that counts as you worst time. Sounds a little too complex though. :-X

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15 AM »
20 seconds then.

I can't think of another way except a time penalty for a plopped worm.

Offline rash

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:25 AM »
u put a closed map so u cant plop ur worms and if u fall u take the time when u fall and u add it with the time u will make until the end on ur next turn

Offline CMV

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 11:38 AM »
Sounds like an idea. Putting a straight line to the bottom of the map isn't hard.
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline Maciej

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46 AM »
well.. don't know if it's good idea, there are a lot of ppl who have problem to finish with at least 1 worm, and 3? ;S
you can make some cup with those rules but it shouldn't, just can't, be league scheme imo

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 12:20 PM »
I never wanted it to be a league scheme. :) It was just an idea, whoever want it, plays it.

Offline franz

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 03:12 PM »
The only thing I don't know how to deal with is if for example, someone plops his first worm. Then the opponent could just saferope three worms into the finish and win, so any ideas how to circumvent that situation would be highly appreciated. :)

just average your best 2 times.

it's already hard enough to get an awesome time with 1 worm,
so averaging the best 2 turns should be even more difficult.. and possibly 'extreme' ;]

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Hah, didn't think about the easiest way. :D So... ETTRR anyone?!? :P

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Make an Extreme TTRR challenge.  That would be interesting.

3 times more frustrating than a normal ttrr challenge ;<

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 05:29 PM »
We'll see. :)

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 02:49 AM »
/antisink
worm and learn

Offline Vultoz

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Maybe with the teststuff and in a closed map people would never miss their turns.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 01:13 AM »
I would be all over this like a rash.
Consistency!