Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

Author Topic: Help with Crate Probabilities  (Read 558 times)

Offline Quackor

Help with Crate Probabilities
« on: June 12, 2023, 12:20 AM »
Hi, I love Worms and play weekly Worms Armageddon bouts with my dad and his friend. We're running our own scheme which I would like to fine-tune, but I run into problems... specifically I with weapon and tool crate probabilities. It seems there's some settings that can be done and/or some get overridden, or discarded as "invalid".
I would like to understand what makes a probability setting invalid, but I can't seem to find information about this when googling... does anyone know of a resource they could point me to? Or maybe knows of some simple "gotchas"? An example of something that I can't fully get to work is setting a probability of getting Fast Walk in a tool chest to 0%.

Offline Quackor

Re: Help with Crate Probabilities
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 12:33 AM »
I should clarify, I'm seeing some error/debug message when uploading scheme to wsdb, like:
Reset bounty value (was 137).
Hazardous objects setting fixed (was 43).
Fixed crate probability of Jet Pack (was 1).
Fixed crate probability of Low Gravity (was 1).
Fixed crate probability of Laser Sight (was 1).

Some questions I have XD
What is bounty value?
Which hazardous object setting is this referring to?
Why can't those three probabilities be 1, but seemingly everything else can be 1? (I set probabilities of all the things I want to show up in crates to 1, and all the other stuff to zero).

Any help appreciated.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 01:37 AM »
Don't use google to find Worms Armageddon specific information. Use Worms Knowledge Base Search. Here's a page with detailed information about Crate Probability in Worms Armageddon: https://worms2d.info/Crate_probability

Crate probabilities of Super Weapons cannot be set and the one from Utility crates can be modified in v3.8, but it's still very limited changes that can be done (see "RubberWorm Kaos Mod" on Extended Scheme Options WKB page). We all hope that in the next update these things will be possible to change, like in Worms 2 used to be, there everyone could set a scheme the way they want, with many features that WA v1.0 removed and restricted.

Worms Scheme Database automatically corrects some things of the scheme that will not work in game, so it automatically reconfigures the setting to the standard to avoid too many schemes that are essencially the same in the database.

About the bounty value I think it is "bounty mode" present on the Options section of the Game Scheme File page.

hazardous objects are Oil Drums and Terrain mines. The number represents how many of them will appear when game starts. Or maybe the number may represent if it is only mines, only drums, no objects or both. I don't know because I don't understand about programming and coded stuff of the game.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 08:52 AM »
because super weapon crate probabilities CANNOT be set, a historic module called RubberWorm has used these to adjust things that the stock game (at the time) couldn't do. Nowadays, these settings mimic what you were doing in extended scheme settings (the star button).
If you don't know which weapon is a super weapon, they are the ones that cannot have power and crate settings edited in the in-game scheme editor.
Also, be sure to go to the main menu and type "boggysentme" to unlock every weapon

- "bounty value" could be bouncy value, idk, could be a misspell nvm FH ur right
- hazardous objects can have some precision, hover over that button to see more controls in the cyan text.
- utilities (being jetpack, low gravity, laser sight, fast walk, invisibility) cannot have crate probabilities, either. The exception to the rule is "Kaos mod", which can do that in some limited capacity. It can be found in extended scheme settings

also, are there debug messages from HostingBuddy? if so, try hosting a game on your own https://worms2d.info/WormNAT2
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 08:55 AM by h3oCharles »

Offline Quackor

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 03:32 AM »
Thanks for your help! I think I understand a bit better now  ???
I'll give some schemes a go and see how it turns out. Fingers crossed a future update gives us more control!

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2023, 06:56 AM »
Fingers crossed a future update gives us more control!

late answer, but I'm doubtful, unless a major rewrite for the scheme format will occur. if you want really crazy scheme settings, look no further than Worms 2 and Carlmundo's Worms 2+ modpack