Forums
May 08, 2024, 02:53 AM

Poll

Which alternative scheme do you want to PLAY in the next tournament + cup FoxHound will organize?

Jumper
0 (0%)
Snooker (if it wins it will receive a v3.8 update).
3 (23.1%)
Goku Battle Arena
0 (0%)
Plop Gum
1 (7.7%)
Flat Earth Apocalypse
1 (7.7%)
Teleporting
4 (30.8%)
Rubber Rush
1 (7.7%)
Neocombat
1 (7.7%)
Surf Race
0 (0%)
Skinflint Roping
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closes: May 19, 2024, 03:28 PM

Author Topic: FoxHound cups. Or ESL-like in cup format?  (Read 514 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
FoxHound cups. Or ESL-like in cup format?
« on: May 04, 2024, 04:41 PM »
Hi, I was thinking to either continue the ESL concept, but for cups that are easier nowadays to people play and join new schemes. Maybe I'll host tournaments too. I'm a bit inexperient with hosting competitive events, but I think I can do it. I decided to do this because I'm afraid to host an alternative scheme and people don't join them. The flop sensation is bad.

I was thinking to centralize things a bit, at least for the first cups, because there are schemes that I really want to see played competitively and registered. So, I'll start a poll for just a few schemes that are among my favorites. This way, I'll be more motivated to play and to organize the cup. In the future cups, I might make them more democratic, allowing people to suggest their own schemes like in ESL format.

So I'll create the poll now. I'll add the link here.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 04:43 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: FoxHound cups. Or ESL-like in cup format?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 01:05 AM »
yay! Foxy cups, looking forward to it. we need some more unique schemes cups. only I + Kirill (and earlier Echiko) have been doing these

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 05:22 AM »
yay! Foxy cups, looking forward to it. we need some more unique schemes cups. only I + Kirill (and earlier Echiko) have been doing these

Surely you are my inspiration on this project. But I want to do this something more like ESL. With polls. However, the first polls will be centralized to the schemes I appreciate more. If the cups do success, I plan to make the polls more democratic as ESL used to be.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 06:34 AM »
Maybe you could try something like HHC did with cups https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/asc/

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 01:10 PM »
Thanks for this link. I'll not make those points system. Nah. But this inspired me for some things:

• There will be a warm up tournament before each cup. The tournament may flop, but I will be there available to play the scheme of the cup with anyone that wants to try it or experiment it. The tournament will be to teach people how the scheme is and how it works, so the cup will be in a higher level when it happens. Also, to have fun, because I'll be playing schemes that I like most of the times. If the tournament does happen successfully I'll donate money to TUS. Yes, the donation has a condition, just to encourage people to play.
  • I might donate money to TUS for each succesfull cup too, but I'll prioritize tournaments, because they are more challenging to be successful.
  • If the tournament flops, I'll still publish all the games played on the tournament page, even if I play only with one person. If zero people play, well, then it flopped, and the cup will still happen, because people voted for the scheme. If the cup fails, I might try another scheme or give up the idea.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 01:18 PM by FoxHound »
'

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 03:33 PM »
Alright. The poll is made (it is above). You have 2 weeks to vote. Each person can vote in 3 schemes of the 10 I selected. You can change your vote and see the results any time. When the two weeks expire, it may receive a second turn of votes between the 3 most voted. Then I will organize a tournament for the scheme, and later a cup.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 03:37 PM by FoxHound »
'

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:07 AM »
eyy I just realised this "Teleporting" scheme is almost the same concept as teleport shopper. or TS is basically the same as Teleporting, not sure which came first =D difference being that the maps can be random, the soil is destructible, and only 3 crates instead of 5. (and small weapons are spawning in weaponcrates) it's a nice scheme. our TS cup worked out rly nice too

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:30 AM »
difference being that the maps can be random, the soil is destructible, and only 3 crates instead of 5. (and small weapons are spawning in weaponcrates) it's a nice scheme. our TS cup worked out rly nice too

You're not being accurate about Teleporting maps. They are not random they must be bigger than the standard 1920 x 696 pixels. They are open islands and usually they are custom PNG maps designed by players, however, I do believe it's possible to play Teleporting using the increased map size feature of MapGen and wkTerrainSync. Although, I know sbs is an enthusiast of the map making process, that's why he made a mappack of 100 maps without the increased terrain feature of those modules. One of the nicest things about Teleporting is playing on these huge beautiful island maps that are abundant in TUS and WMDB and few people really play on them, so Teleporting is making these maps more playable.

And you are wrong about only small weapons, Teleporting has Super Weapons, so you can use Sheep Strike, Carpet Bomb, magic Bullet, and many other OP weapons. The only thing sbs was considering to remove is the Donkey I think, but if I remember correctly he kept it, not sure, I need to check this. Anyway, it's a fun scheme to play surely. The only thing that concerns me are the rules that will be a bit complicated to explain and to organize the tournament+cup.

By the way, the fact there's destructible terrain makes the scheme much more interesting than the other variants, in my opinion. Although I really need to play the other variants like yours to say with more precision.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:34 AM by FoxHound »
'