Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:28 AM

Author Topic: Possibly BNG Change  (Read 8544 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Possibly BNG Change
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56 AM »
All seems good to me. (except rubber worm)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 10:20 AM »
watch replay how it looks, 10 min very coooooool game !!!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 10:22 AM »
Maybe reduce the worms hp to 150 also ? Not sure but it could make the game even quicker.
edit: nah would not do any good.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:36 AM by zippeurfou »

Offline Peja

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 10:54 AM »
can someone explain me whats the big advantage in 10 min games, exept tus addicts like berria are now able to play 2 bngs in a time where they usually play one. i always thought a time between 20 and 50 min is f@#!ing normal for a online game.
i always thought we have fun in playing our fav game and now we try to make it shorter and shorter? isnt it  nice to have just 1 scheme where you can relax a bit? you are already hurried in ttrr, wxw, hysteria, roper, do we really need to add bng to that list?
im a f@#!ing gossip girl, i like to talk during games, it sucks when you cant cos you have  less time.

Offline barman

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 11:04 AM »
I think we need a bit of hotseat time after all. Sometimes you need to wait about 2 seconds to see how the wind changes, which greatly reduces the usability of a bazooka. We played another game with 7 second turn time and 5 second hotseat time. This should be alright for most wormers (5 seconds is way too short in my opinion, makes the game too hysterical and not enjoyable)
* 2012-10-03 10.39.40 [Online] @mm`barman, Berria'TDC.WAgame (61.5 kB - downloaded 24 times.)

I'll be a big supporter of the rubberworm features, they make the game more challenging (no more easy 4 seconders). I don't see what's the problem when both players have rubberworm.

Also the map division is indeed a BIG help! Just create a brush 8 sized hole in the middle of map, all the closeness problems go away.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Your suggestion involving reduced time and no hotseat time fix nothing, just brings communication problems in clanners and unability to scratch your balls whenever you want. Personally i dont see how this would eliminate notching other than when not paying attention or that you got to be faster, using scroll lock like a jerk on opponent's turn.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Hussar

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05 AM »
can someone explain me whats the big advantage in 10 min games, exept tus addicts like berria are now able to play 2 bngs in a time where they usually play one. i always thought a time between 20 and 50 min is f@#!ing normal for a online game.
i always thought we have fun in playing our fav game and now we try to make it shorter and shorter? isnt it  nice to have just 1 scheme where you can relax a bit? you are already hurried in ttrr, wxw, hysteria, roper, do we really need to add bng to that list?
im a f@#!ing gossip girl, i like to talk during games, it sucks when you cant cos you have  less time.

u are wierd, u dont like bng, u dont pick bng, bngis boring for u, and now when all ppl who know bng wants to make it more enjoyable, faster etc, u still are for no.

So in ur mind 50 min bng is much funnies then 10 min bng? okay we know ur idea.

TTRR can take 5 min and no one is saying then its to lees.... ( we could play even 5 worms each)

but it not about time generaly. that game with barman was more cool then all my games of bng in this seazon.

Offline Peja

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 11:13 AM »
just read the post of coste, this man is the truth. the only way to stop notching would be rubber features. and this would suck because it f@#!s up with the original gameplay of wa.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 11:15 AM »
In for 5 sec no hotseat. 

Offline Prankster

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 11:20 AM »
It's not about shortening the game time, nor eliminating notching, but making it a bit harder and bringing closer the chances of a notcher and a non-notcher.

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23 AM »
It's not about shortening the game time, nor eliminating notching, but making it a bit harder and bringing closer the chances of a notcher and a non-notcher.

A bit harder? I thought its alerady hard to beat top bng players.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline darKz

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24 AM »
I can reliably notch most shots in about 3 seconds. Just saying. Reducing turn time to get rid of notching really won't help unless you make it 1 second, but then it would be Hysteria with less weapons and no moving about. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 11:27 AM »
I can reliably notch most shots in about 3 seconds.

This. Not 100% of the time, but quite reliable.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 11:28 AM »

Offline Prankster

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Ok, dark, coste. But do you agree that for us, not-cyborgs, these changes can make the competition more fair?