Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:21 PM

Author Topic: Possibly BNG Change  (Read 8549 times)

Offline Breeze

Possibly BNG Change
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:25 PM »
I don't know if it's been said before, can't be bothered looking!!
Possibly 2 or 3 shotguns for altering hides.  Not for attacking other players.
Thoughts?

Offline Prankster

Re: Possibly BNG Change
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:12 PM »
inf sg, inf tele, inf torch, no girders
shorter turn time (10-12 sec) and no hot-seat time in league games

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:40 PM »
4 AND 5 second nades only with LG or MAX.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:38 AM »
Possibly is meant to be possible.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21 AM »
My scheme is the same as prankster wrote, but with 15 sec turn, shotgun infinite with lowest power, and 1 gird. I use him always in TUS.

edit: inf drill also.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:13 AM »

This is a good suggestion, girders cause drama half the time I use 'em, and shotgun is always helpful for clearing land. Also, to reduce the effectiveness of notching, shorter turn time is the best method. It wouldn't eliminate it, but it would make it much more prone to error, I'd probably go even lower than 10 secs though.

Offline franz

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 03:22 AM »
I'd agree, the less turn time the better. bng's last long enough as it is.

no hotseat time, and maybe 5 sec turns

Offline Prankster

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 07:29 AM »

This is a good suggestion, girders cause drama half the time I use 'em, and shotgun is always helpful for clearing land. Also, to reduce the effectiveness of notching, shorter turn time is the best method. It wouldn't eliminate it, but it would make it much more prone to error, I'd probably go even lower than 10 secs though.

Yea, maybe even lower. It was just a first idea according to a2b, where 12 is perfectly enough even with the no-repeat rules.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 07:59 AM »
yeah, if we will change time to less secound and eliminate hot seat, all notchers and mark screen players will be f@#!ed and forced to play like a rest, inf tele/ inf shotgun also need to be !

Offline barman

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 08:59 AM »
My suggestions for BnG:

- Infinite teleports, shotguns, LG, bazooka, grenade and firepunch.
- One girder with no usage restrictions (you can use it for anything you want: cover, bank, anti-plop etc.).
- About 10 second turn time, no hotseat.
- Abolishment of the troublesome closeness rule and introduction of a requirement to divide the map into two equal parts with a "no-go zone". No invading of course. Example (map turned out shitty but you know what I mean):

- RubberWorm options if both players have it: auto reaim, circular aiming, anti lock power (/reaim, /cira, /alp). Maybe an alternate version of the scheme for non-rubber users.
- All other rules unchanged.

discuss discuss
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 09:21 AM »
I've thought about the whole dividing the map thing before, it would help to get rid of closeness rules, and I guess people can choose how wide they want to make that gap. And hell, if the gap is small, and people want to risk getting fairly close, might as well let 'em.

And yeh, why don't we go ahead and try anti-lock power? I don't see any downsides. Auto-reaim too I suppose, though I think circular aiming might be a bit weird to adjust to.

I think turn time could probably be 5 seconds, I imagine that's about as low as we can go without making it like hysteria.

Offline Peja

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41 AM »
does everything needs to be a f@#!ing rush? i like the chilled factor of bng. dont wanna hurry around in 5 sec without hot seat time.  also i think reducing turn time makes notching even more effective for people who mastered it.

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Agreed with bar + the 5 sec no hotseat. I mean dudes, watch the chat on this game: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-125992/
Is this really what bng is about ? Counting pixel and whining because you don't have the time to do it ?
This topic is really interesting way more than any other long topic we opened for this scheme in past. We all do agree on some basis for new rules rather than removing the scheme this should be altered with at least the:
-5 sec
-no hot seat
- sg
- inf tele
We at the moment all agree on this ! And maybe:
-map change as bar said
-rubber thing
-1 girder

Also I'd like to show one game: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-124080/. I do not say anything about their win. I broke a rule so it's fair that I lose but what please watch the last shot. It was kinda impossible for me to hit them with anything else (barman or any guys with the math, do you agree ?) and my shot was all but cheap. So after having this game I wonder if the 5 sec max bounce or lg only rules should stick. What do you think ?
Anyway, good topic. I really hope that for once something will come out of this !

Offline Prankster

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53 AM »
What are those fancy-sounding features good for? :) /I don't use rubber/ Looks like sooner or later we'll need separate rubber and non-rubber leagues..
I don't agree with the girder, it'd just make the games longer, imo. Alsn 5s feels to be too less, but it's just a feeling, gotta try it.
Oh, and please remember, these changes are only for league games!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:12 AM by Prankster »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56 AM »
it could move bng to next (better) level..........

......... where game is interesting and fast !

.. and fully enjoyable. lets do it !

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:19 AM by Berria »