Forums
April 26, 2024, 05:20 AM

Author Topic: Weapon balance ideas for intermediate?  (Read 1832 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Weapon balance ideas for intermediate?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 11:05 AM »
Good arguments, I forgot about crates and oil drums.

Another thing I remember that I usually prefer to see on intermediate variations and conventional gameplay schemes is delay for Baseball Bat, usually 2 turns of delay is good for me.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline jattaman

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2023, 09:22 AM »

Another thing I remember that I usually prefer to see on intermediate variations and conventional gameplay schemes is delay for Baseball Bat, usually 2 turns of delay is good for me.

Especially when there is a good chance of sheep falling out, destroying crates with cluster is potent :D.

Ah yes, the original has no delay on baseball bat. I have no strong feelings one way or another about this one. Maybe there are fans of intensive first turn batting :D?

Another balance thing i thought about: would people like team specials being taken away, or not. I think in worms armageddon on steam you can't modifiy the values of these weapons, they have to be taken away as special and put into inventory(or crates) and then tweaked, like in 80normal. And then agreed that you use only one special, which needs to be played with someone you can trust lol.

It is my impression that 90% choose cows, a bit less pigeons or super sheep or flamethrower, and literally nobody chooses sheep launcher, old lady and moles.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2023, 09:25 AM »
something something cluster and mortar tricks exist

Offline jattaman

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2023, 10:03 AM »
something something cluster and mortar tricks exist

I don't understand.

Offline jattaman

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2023, 10:37 AM »

If baseball bat can be considered OP when it comes to first turn ploppings, then how do you feel about longbow? I sometimes think that it's second place when it comes to ease of plopping. With low gravity on it's kinda like having 2x dragonballs in one turn.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2023, 03:53 AM »
If baseball bat can be considered OP when it comes to first turn ploppings, then how do you feel about longbow? I sometimes think that it's second place when it comes to ease of plopping. With low gravity on it's kinda like having 2x dragonballs in one turn.

Yes, Longbow can be very OP with LG on the beginning. Kamikaze can be very strong too. Maybe LG could receive more delay, I don't know. But sometimes making it too difiicult to plop worms might make the gameplay not so fun. It's hard to balance. Like you said, some people might like to plop worms on the first turns with bat, but it's a bit too luck dependant.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'