Forums
June 05, 2024, 10:52 AM

Author Topic: Played my last game of BnG today  (Read 9974 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Played my last game of BnG today
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 03:25 AM »
A noob like me who doesn't know how to notch, have a 5% chance to win.

Yeah, and? Why blame the natural way of things when it's really your fault for not learning or enjoying it? I get OWNED hard at Elite/T17/Shopper and most of the time TTRR also, I still play when I have to without complaining so much, I sometimes even enjoy even when I lose, but it's still my fault for not enjoying it or learning as much as other schemes, we can't be good at and enjoy everything in life, but we should appreciate those who do enjoy and take the time to perfect it, there is really alot more to notching than just 4s FP shots and repeat... It's just unfair when a notcher uses skills against noobs.

Someone who only knows notching, will lose to someone who knows notching and trickery.

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 03:41 AM »
Frank, do you wanna learn how to notch? Starting from aiming straight up, the worm's sprite changes after 5 smallest-possble-taps of the down arrow, then again after 4 more taps, then again after 4 more. So it's 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, and so on. That's all you really need to know, just have to figure out distances for each angle.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 03:52 AM »

Yeah, and? Why blame the natural way of things when it's really your fault for not learning or enjoying it? I get OWNED hard at Elite/T17/Shopper and most of the time TTRR also, I still play when I have to without complaining so much, I sometimes even enjoy even when I lose, but it's still my fault for not enjoying it or learning as much as other schemes, we can't be good at and enjoy everything in life, but we should appreciate those who do enjoy and take the time to perfect it, there is really alot more to notching than just 4s FP shots and repeat... It's just unfair when a notcher uses skills against noobs.

Someone who only knows notching, will lose to someone who knows notching and trickery.

Then become a notching war -_-
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline HHC

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 09:16 AM »
So we're down to 'BnG' now and not just G's only, but calculated G's?

I have to agree, it's got all ingredients to make a splendid scheme... NOT

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 10:04 AM »

So do you think it's my fault playing BnG with my eyes and not learning how to notch?

What to say, I'm proud to try to play it without anything.

Notching is like an auto aim bot in an FPS, and I'll never use that shit.

You can't even mention the other schemes, because there's nothing that makes you hit everyone in every turn, or speeds up your roping, or makes your crates to land near you.

I'm not even complaining, it's just an opinion, like I said in my first post.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Frank, do you wanna learn how to notch? Starting from aiming straight up, the worm's sprite changes after 5 smallest-possble-taps of the down arrow, then again after 4 more taps, then again after 4 more. So it's 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, and so on. That's all you really need to know, just have to figure out distances for each angle.

Thanks Mab, but I've been in clans with great BnGers, I would've just asked em to teach me, but I just don't like doing it.

I'm just observing that it's an hard challenge to win against a notcher playing normally.

However, I don't really care, BnG will stay there with it's rules, I just made a general thought about it, with a little off topic.

Offline Casso

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 10:31 AM »
All pla

So do you think it's my fault playing BnG with my eyes and not learning how to notch?

What to say, I'm proud to try to play it without anything.

Notching is like an auto aim bot in an FPS, and I'll never use that shit.

You can't even mention the other schemes, because there's nothing that makes you hit everyone in every turn, or speeds up your roping, or makes your crates to land near you.

I'm not even complaining, it's just an opinion, like I said in my first post.

I totally agree. All players should play like you

Offline Ray

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 10:32 AM »
I think some people have a faulty view about this by the way. As long as you don't do full power shots over and over again, I think there is nothing wrong with it. Knowing what your aim is doesn't mean at all that you are going to hit a grenade, that is only the aim, there is still the power to do, which needs experience and practise.

If you know both the aim and the power - full power in this case, because you never miss that - and keep repeating only that one shot, that's what's lame. Using the aiming "system" for 5 sec/ 4 sec LG shots or 3 sec shots is not lame at all.

Offline Casso

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 10:36 AM »
how can the notch be applied on shots with not full power ?  :o
You can know only the distance shoting with the max power, or not ? umh

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Notching is all about the angles, nothing else. With the same angle you can more or less know where your shot is going to land if you experienced many 3 sec shots, so you can shoot with the proper power. Same applies to 5 sec LG for instance, but of course these shots require being able to hit the good power and getting the good aim. Knowing what your aim is a big help indeed, but that doesn't mean you will know which aim to use in any given situation. The more you practise the better you get, it's that simple.

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Nothing should be considered lame in league games, as long as it's legal. There may be exceptions to that of course, but surely using an aspect of the game mechanics that could not possibly be identified as a bug is legal. That is to say, there's no realistic way to identify an act of intentional notching, unlike say, intentionally getting extra angle with your bat. Notching can't be regulated, and is as much a part of the game as say, jumping. Also fr4nk, you and all of us who BnG with feel use notching as well, because our eyes are trained to identify the discrete angles we see.

I used to think notching was going to be an easy 'fix' and it would just disappear in an update, but I've been shown that's really not going to happen, and it's not clear that most people want that to happen. If you guys think it's 'lame' in that it ruins the scheme, then I guess you should just stop considering the scheme skillful, but you shouldn't be blaming players who notch, or those who follow the rules.

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 11:51 AM »
I repeat, I don't blame anyone, nor I'm asking to remove this scheme. I will keep playing it my way.
I don't think there's something wrong in showing how facts are!

I'm just pointing out that:
Notchers > normal players
Noob player who notches > any old worms player who doesn't

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Nothing should be considered lame in league games, as long as it's legal. There may be exceptions to that of course, but surely using an aspect of the game mechanics that could not possibly be identified as a bug is legal. That is to say, there's no realistic way to identify an act of intentional notching, unlike say, intentionally getting extra angle with your bat. Notching can't be regulated, and is as much a part of the game as say, jumping. Also fr4nk, you and all of us who BnG with feel use notching as well, because our eyes are trained to identify the discrete angles we see.

I used to think notching was going to be an easy 'fix' and it would just disappear in an update, but I've been shown that's really not going to happen, and it's not clear that most people want that to happen. If you guys think it's 'lame' in that it ruins the scheme, then I guess you should just stop considering the scheme skillful, but you shouldn't be blaming players who notch, or those who follow the rules.

You sound like a card counter telling regular Black Jack players to cope with it because your technique can't be detected.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:13 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 02:18 PM »
I feel bad for the passionate BnG players who think that notching is fundamentally against the spirit of the game.  For them they are either forced to notch in order to stand a chance of winning, or they stick to their opinions that notching is bad practice and lose all the time to notchers.

I genuinely feel bad for the game of BnG with all this notching is wrong/right bollocks.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 03:19 PM »
I'm afraid of learning to notch.
Because I like to hit my opponent. And I think playing by instinct is genuine. And I admire that.
But if I learned how to notch, it would be kinda impossible not to do it.
I feel a bit of shame even when using parts of the map to remember my angle.

BnG should be played with infinite teleports, maybe power 1 shotgun (for making hides) and on random double cave maps (with top erased and bottom cave filled, maximum objects).