Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:02 AM

Author Topic: Can't connect to HostingBuddy games - no error  (Read 475 times)

Offline wirsbo

Can't connect to HostingBuddy games - no error
« on: October 25, 2014, 06:18 PM »
I can sometimes play the game perfectly for a long time, but sometimes when I'm in game, everything freezes for a minute and then everyone disconnects. After this happens I can't connect to more games. I can join non-HostingBuddy games. But when I connect to a HB game, the times just goes down and I don't get any error or anything. This goes on for a while, but after a few hours I can play again. I've tried restarting my router, restarted WA, restarted my computer but nothing works. I can host HB games as well as use the other HB commands in the lobby. What's wrong, and how do I fix it?

Offline j0hny

Re: Can't connect to HostingBuddy games - no error
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:27 PM »
I can sometimes play the game perfectly for a long time, but sometimes when I'm in game, everything freezes for a minute and then everyone disconnects. After this happens I can't connect to more games. I can join non-HostingBuddy games. But when I connect to a HB game, the times just goes down and I don't get any error or anything. This goes on for a while, but after a few hours I can play again. I've tried restarting my router, restarted WA, restarted my computer but nothing works. I can host HB games as well as use the other HB commands in the lobby. What's wrong, and how do I fix it?

Go here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
Find your router on the list.
Select Worms Armageddon, and open your port according to the instructions shown there.

If didn't help, try update your game to latest version ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WA_update-3.7.2.1_Installer.exe
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline Tomi

Re: Can't connect to HostingBuddy games - no error
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:25 AM »
If you use wifi connection then maybe it's too weak and you lose connection sooner or later. Wifi is usually weak to play online game unless you have a good router.

Hostingbuddy games are hosted on a server somewhere in France. Probably you can't connect there because firewall or antivirus software blocks that. Try to turn them off for a try.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:27 AM by Tomi »