Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:31 PM

Author Topic: Colour problem on Windows 7  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Ricky

• India India
    • View Profile
Colour problem on Windows 7
« on: October 14, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Hi

I need help on how to fix this background colour of terrain which does not disappear even after that place of terrain has been damaged. I have attached a file and marked 3 places with arrows. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:00 PM by Ricky »

Offline WTF-8

Re: Colour problem on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:25 PM »
I see no arrows there. You sure you've attached the right screenshot?
oh and btw, not all weapons blow up this layer of terrain; only big explosions can do that (only dynamite tier and above). For an instance, standart-powered bazooka can't destroy it, neither can fire.

tl;dr I see no problem here, it looks like intended behavior
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:50 PM by WTF-8 »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Ricky

• India India
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 10:01 PM »
I have attached a new image. Maybe this will highlight the problem with colours. thanks

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:57 PM »
It's part of the game, normal damage doesn't remove the background of the terrain, high explosives do.
And custom maps, they have no terrain background at all.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 11:10 PM »
Pink arrows are indeed easier to see, but perhaps they'd be more visible if you'd just use a higher size brush.

Back to the issue, I'm not sure why don't you want to attach a replay. Seeing what exactly exploded there could help.

I'll repeat that only big explosions damage background soil, like dynamite, sheep, holy hand grenade, etc. You can see such explosions near Silvio Santos, below active worm, and one near to the rightmost arrow.
Judging by crater size, all 3 situations marked by arrows (or are there more arrows?) fit into my explanation above - explosions were not strong enough to erase background soil. In situation #1 (from left to right) it probably was an explosive barrel; situation #2 looks like an air strike, and in situation #3 it looks like there was 2 explosions: bazooka/grenade/mine + explosive barrel. Again, none of these are strong enough to do anything to background soil, and therefore it stays there. That is intended and isn't wrong in any way.

(click to start animation)

Also, as HHC said, some maps do not have background soil at all. And with Project X background soil always stays no matter what.

.:Edit:.  Keep in mind that whether background soil is destroyed or not depends on explosion power itself, NOT on specific weapon. For example, dynamite with 1 star power would not damage background soil, while a power 3 bazooka with double damage effect would sure do. All information above is specific to standart power weapons (3 stars) unless mentioned otherwise.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:26 PM by WTF-8 »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Ricky

• India India
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 10:40 AM »
There are only 3 arrows in the image. Thanks for having a look, I will accept your explanation but to me it still does not seem right. I am attaching a replay if you would like to take a look, you can see the background terrain not being destroyed in the second turn of Worm Stephen Drew where he uses the Fire Punch. But I am not complaining now, if it is meant to be this way then it is good :) Thanks
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:51 AM by Ricky »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:16 PM »
I need help on how to fix this background colour of terrain which does not disappear even after that place of terrain has been damaged.

It's easy to do if you want background soil missing completely. Here are the steps to do it: