Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:43 PM

Author Topic: How do I play in 1080p?  (Read 4000 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: How do I play in 1080p?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 03:49 AM »

People have different opinions, of course, but I feel that many FFA games don´t really start until near the end as people will tend to attack the leader. So a lot of the game is just about saving/gathering weapons, so you can kick ass at the end. That rule was trying to fix that.

I have never liked 1vs1, it is too confrontational to me. One winner and one loser. That is why I prefer the 3-player version of this rule, as you basically have 2 enemies. One offensive and one defensive.

You could use the same idea for a 4-player game too. Red attacks blue, blue attacks green, green attacks purple and purple attacks red. And when you have killed your target, you can attack whoever you want.

Very, very interesting. I will definitely gonna try to play like this one day. Nowadays people are playing a ruled normal called 80normal, with RubberWorm probably there are more, like Teleporting? And others.
Somebody could make something similar to Rubberworm for rules. Where the most common rules can be selected (crate before attack, kill the leader and so on). As new rules gain popularity they could be added to the list of available rules.

Maybe your interest in 1rule one day results in a rule being available which says "players can have max. X different weapons", where you can set that number.

That's a great idea. If I knew about programming I would make a module like wkSchemeRules or simply wkRules. But some rules would probably be very complicated to code.

Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 10:21 AM »
Very, very interesting. I will definitely gonna try to play like this one day.

Thanks. There may be some problems, though. Say you are red and kill blue. Now green is no longer attacked by blue, but purple is still attacked by green. That is not fair.

Also, green and purple could cooperate against us (if we are in a good position), by green not attacking purple.

Perhaps for a 4 player game, when a player is killed, the players who didn´t kill him should become each other´s enemy.

One just have to play the game and see if any adjustments need to be made to the rules.

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2021, 07:39 AM »
You could use the same idea for a 4-player game too. Red attacks blue, blue attacks green, green attacks purple and purple attacks red. And when you have killed your target, you can attack whoever you want.

Alternatively, the killer could simply get the dead player´s target as his/her new target.

Also, the game could probably be played with 5 or 6 players as well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 07:44 AM by Lord Mushroom »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2021, 06:54 AM »
Interesting solutions. This thread is already linked in 1rule article (History section).
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'