Forums
April 26, 2024, 12:24 AM

Author Topic: HP laptop  (Read 1596 times)

Offline avirex

HP laptop
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:04 PM »
this laptop is not even a year old..... less then 6 months after buying it, i turned it on, and the screen is black... i heard sounds, and knew it was functioning, but screen black....

so i plugged it into external monitor, everything functions prerfectly...

last night i noticed the screen is not black though, its just very, very, very dim, can hardly make out what is on it at all, to the point it might as well be black....

has nothing to do with the dim feature, i tried there... any ides on how to fix? :CX

Re: HP laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 05:12 AM »
I guess you're just a f@#!in' idiot, avi!
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:23 PM »
my friend had the same problem, here's how he solved it, maybe it will help
1) UNPLUG THE LAPTOP
2) REMOVE THE BATTERY
3) HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS TO 2 MINUTES
4) THEN PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN
5) START IT UP..

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:23 PM »
and yea, thats not sarcasm lol

Offline Prankster

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 02:28 PM »
Jesus, Impo, don't do that! I'm yelling those instructions in my mind..

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47 PM »
I have werry gooder idea. 1 : If you really own hp laptop just throw it out window. 2: go the shop and buy some better one.

My last laptop was hp and its ruin my life 2 years !!!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Very nice solutions lol.. pressing the buttons without power was the best one xd

Maybe you just managed to reduce the brightness and the contrast of the monitor to 0%. There should be a key combination to increase those things. Function key + f1-12 usually or up arrow

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 08:40 PM »

has nothing to do with the dim feature, i tried there... any ides on how to fix? :CX

impo: i tried that actually, that was one of the first things i tried... i read alot of forums and tech shit, none of the solutions worked, all though other ppl said they had success with it...

was hoping someone had an idea that may work...   suppose i could try that again tho impo.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 10:40 PM »
take a look at this mb it can help http://en.kioskea.net/faq/9066-display-problem-laptop
anyway it seems like this often happens with hp laptops, so if you go to the service ppl there will be probably aware of problem like yours

Very nice solutions lol.. pressing the buttons without power was the best one xd
when someone who jokes all the time saying something serious people no matter what will find it funny and laugh at this huh

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 02:43 AM »
Avi, most likely the monitor is just torched.  If the computer is functioning as it should be like you said, just really dim my opinion is that the monitor is shot.  Warranty that bitch, you only bought it 6 months ago.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 01:38 PM »
reinstall video drivers?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Rogi

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 02:56 PM »
this is not notebook, is a piece of iron with wires. really hp sucks
service center or dissasemble itself and analyze

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline StepS

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 05:08 PM »
HP should fall back to producing printers only
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline SpideR

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 12:34 PM »
Avi, I've had an HP laptop and I still have it, but that because I am still trying to sell it.
But it's like passing a bomb, you know.
My laptop had dedicated video card and it was fast/good, but it lasted a little more than an year..
the solder joints were cracked. And my laptop wasn't smoking...
HP laptops have a chronic failure over BGA, requiring a soldering rework on it.
In Brazil it cost me 200$, something like 90 USD.
Not sure if that's your problem... As far as I researched and talked to people, it's a very common problem with HP.
You could try selling it, if it's your interest (recommended btw), go for somebody who fix laptops or someone who can work on the BGA solder.
Not sure if its because of overheating or planned obsolescence... but anyway never buy an HP again.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:36 PM by SpideR »

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 11:27 PM »
i now know HP is nothing but a headache, (i mean since my problems, not since this thread)

when i created this thread, i was going to also say "and i dont need ppl here just posting what a POS HP is"

but i figured eh, im not gonna stop it anyway....

so yes, thnx for everyone who offered suggestions, and ideas and/or comments along with the HP sux...    like spiders post for instance, and impo.. thx guys...

everyone else...   no shit ;p