Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:07 PM

Author Topic: Longbow hitting only one worm  (Read 872 times)

Offline Alby87

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
Longbow hitting only one worm
« on: August 31, 2013, 01:39 PM »
Hi! During a "friendly" game with my rival, he complained about the shot at 03.20 in this replay: he shooted two Worms, but with the longbow he hitted only one. Why this happened?

Many thanks :)

Alby87

Offline Korydex

Offline HHC

Re: Longbow hitting only one worm
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 02:04 PM »
*something technical*: http://www.normalnonoobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3&p=4&hilit=bow#p2743

edit: this part:
Shooting one worm out of a group
:arrow: If you want to shoot only one worm then you certainly need the arrow to stop at one of the predefined locations, and the easiest way of achieving that is being as close as possible to your target. If the arrow touches more than one worm, which one of the group gets shot usually depends on which worm performed the last action, being that worm the last that will be shot. For example if worm A walks, then worm B moves to the same place worm A was and then worm C does the same the first worm getting shot will be A, then B and then C. When you use a weapon on another worm and then hide with it, the worm being shot by the arrow will be the one who performed the shot unless it damaged both worms (then the one who performed the shot will dodge the arrow).

I guess that's what happened?

Too lazy to watch the replay hehe  ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:07 PM by HHC »

Offline Alby87

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Many thanks, both of you! I really loved the technical part of the explanation!  This is what happened, then! Worms don't stop surprise me even after so many years  ;)  Tomorrow I'll tell to my rival...

Offline Hurz

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 01:16 AM »
strange that you say "so many years" and never experienced that :D
prolly never played bna? :o

Offline Alby87

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 08:08 AM »
Ahah, I mean discovering something new about the game logic :) It happened some time shooting only one, but I never cared about it. This time happened to my friend (against me), and he pointed that to me, because he tought that because only one worm died and not the two that were in the group, this changed the fate of the round  ;D

He play Worms only with me since 4 years, and we don't go to far from "intermediate", only more ropes to move the 8 Worms (instead of standard 3) we each have.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 08:45 AM »
we don't go to far from "intermediate"

Intermediate is the furthest you can have
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 09:23 AM »
If you like Inter you may want to join this community, and maybe even start playing open Inter league hosted there. :-D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:35 AM by Korydex »