Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:52 PM

Author Topic: maybe TheSteps can help?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline avirex

maybe TheSteps can help?
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:15 AM »
so... i dont have the new update because it lags my PC... i have tried every combination of renders.. nothing seems to work...

so i just have the old update again, the problem is now i cant view many replays from tus, because im running old update... do i have any option to work around this?

plz, and ty <3 ae

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: maybe TheSteps can help?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:20 AM »
so... i dont have the new update because it lags my PC... i have tried every combination of renders.. nothing seems to work...

so i just have the old update again, the problem is now i cant view many replays from tus, because im running old update... do i have any option to work around this?

plz, and ty <3 ae

have two separate WA installations in two different folders, one fully updated and one to play. Then right click your replay files and have them open with the fully updated one, it should from then on open replays with the fully updated WA.exe regardless of what .exe you use to play.

I'm not 100% certain so if someone could confirm this working / not working.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline philie

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:39 AM »
i got 2 w:a versions in seperate folders, 3.6 for px and 3.7.2 for the rest.
i watch replays with the new update.
.. if that's enough to confirm this.

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 09:44 AM »
you cant watch new replays on old update. there was once a converter but it doesn't work because the game logic is likely to change even a tiny bit with each new update. unless one of the players in the game used 3.6.31.0 and the author of the replay had 3.7.2.1, then it is possible.
as about lags - can you explain which lags? what is your cpu?
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:05 PM »
(The W:A versions don't even need to be in separate folders.)

Offline j0hny

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:52 PM »
I say that you didn't try anything:
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 04:12 AM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:16 PM by AlTarf »

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37 AM »
while the other installation of the 3.6.31.0 patched game must go elsewhere in a different folder.

Or just. Rename. It. To. "WA-3.6.31.0.exe".

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 02:40 PM »
P.S. I'm forgetting about something; you're supposed to reinstall the game and patch 3.7.2.1 onto it (and this must be your main installation), then mark the option in the advanced settings "Auto-register association" so you're able to watch replays from people running newer updates, while the other installation of the 3.6.31.0 patched game must go elsewhere in a different folder.

If you're going to be running two versions of the game simultaneously, it's probably a better idea to leave the auto-register associations setting in the advanced options disabled so that it's always the last version you installed that is associated with running replay files. With the setting enabled, it would be the version you launched last, which can get a bit confusing to keep track of.

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 06:09 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:16 PM by AlTarf »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:33 PM »
If you mark one of the versions the other one will be marked too.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 07:16 PM »
True, they read the same registry entry.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 05:39 AM »
Hey dude,

I have windows 7.  I had all that laggy crap.
I changed my advanced settings to the following (below) and it helped.

Offline j0hny

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Hey dude,

I have windows 7.  I had all that laggy crap.
I changed my advanced settings to the following (below) and it helped.

I fun with it for days, a combination of settings :D some combination must be correct and work
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)