Forums
May 08, 2024, 12:12 PM

Author Topic: New Wormer needs help...  (Read 1274 times)

Offline avirex

New Wormer needs help...
« on: February 04, 2013, 06:01 PM »
me n my girl recently got a new laptop.. its nothing special, its got windows 8, its kind of a cheapy one.. but its decent, HP (ill give specs if needed.. too lazy to look now)

i was not planning to install w:a, but she wants to play.. lol she thinks she can be pro in a day!! so, i downloaded, and installed w:a..   heres the problem...

when i open it, there is a strange white boxes over any text fields, such as where you type your login name, where you enter a channel, the text field, chat box, etc... i got into AG, simply because i know the general location of AG,but really cant see anything..... then i went to get the latest patch 3.7 and it says the file is bad, for some reason...

side note: the stars in the backgroun run extremely slow, can anyone help? :X

Offline Husk

Re: New Wormer needs help...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Lady in distress?!

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Crazy

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:44 PM »
HP sucks :P

Offline OrangE

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 06:55 PM »
can i play a strip intermediate with your gf?

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 07:00 PM »
can i play a strip intermediate with your gf?
and can it be 2v2 if possible?

Offline OrangE

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19 PM »
no i'm done for 2013. i've already seen avi's cock and peja's ass. sorry but only 1v1.

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39 PM »
lmfao,, ill bet peja wants your two visions to meet eachother ;)

but yeah orange... this laptop does have a webcam.. just saying...  haha

edit: husk, i looked into that link... but the link steps supplied for a download to fix that does not work :(

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:48 PM by avirex »

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 10:49 PM »
can anyone helpp?? c'mon steps!! ya mad at me buddy? ;x  lol

i need helpzzzz

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 01:35 AM »
when it says the file is bad, is that right after it says "it appears your'e running WA 1.0, we have to patch it to 3.0 first" ?
and then it says "install it manually" ?

if so, the 3.0 patch bundled with the installer doesnt work for me either, install this
ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WAPatch.exe

and then you can patch to 3.7.0.0 as normal

and if you still have any problems with win8, steps' windows 8 windowed mode thing will fix it
http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=62048

you don't need wormkit, just go into advanced settings in WA and check the box "load wormkit modules on startup"

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 01:43 AM »
Joe in da place !
I still remember the korean or Chinese version of worms. I sooo enjoyed it thanks to you !

Offline Peja

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 02:15 AM »
omfg avi did i chat with your gf tonight? had some us wormer asking for same problem. some nick with 42. lol would be epic  ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 02:50 AM »
i dunno... i have been sleeping for the past couple hours.. she was on the laptop but i really doubt she went into AG, she not here atm to ask her...

her name is dt-Dacember

btw, i got it to work i think, everything is working good offline, have not tried multiplayer

Offline StepS

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 12:44 PM »
then i went to get the latest patch 3.7 and it says the file is bad, for some reason...
was it the SmartScreen overlapped pop-up? if so, you need to press "More details" (or how it is called) and "Run anyway".

and if you still have any problems with win8, steps' windows 8 windowed mode thing will fix it
http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=62048
actually D3D9Wnd doesn't fix anything except the Windows 7 multi-monitor flickering. it just uses the built-in Direct3D 9. the previous module known as wndmode used an emulator, which was acting in its own way, but still having its own big issues.
all you need is to enable Direct3D 9.

c'mon steps!! ya mad at me buddy? ;x  lol
why
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]