Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:17 PM

Author Topic: Problems with lag  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Karlos

Problems with lag
« on: April 06, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Hello  :D
I decided return to worms but i have lag.
I installed my worms from a original cd. I have the 3.6.31.0 (I think this is the last)

This is the information about my pc.

Can somebody help me?

Offline StepS

Re: Problems with lag
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:32 PM »
hm, windows xp x64... Interesting. Can you give more info about lag? Is it a slow-up lag, or you just notice some pauses/framedrops during gameplay? In particular, what's your graphic card (the screenshot didn't tell it)? Can you open the task manager at the cpu tab, where the chronology of the CPU usage is? Then play wa, reproduce the lags and then look at the graph if there are spikes.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline darKz

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:36 PM »
I think some info about your graphics card would be helpful. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Karlos

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 01:22 AM »
I think my graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

and i just notice some pauses/framedrops during gameplay.

it is a picture about CPU Usage History when i play

Offline DENnis

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 02:19 AM »
1st: The most important thing if u use snooper is, that u put the setting: Hide all Windows and automatic minimize to tray if a game starts. If the snooper isn't minimizes to tray while playing wa it causes several millisecs of lags. For non rope schemes it doesn't matter but if u play fast schemes like roperace it would be annoying.

2nd: Your hardware is much better than necessary, but u have too much software running in the background. Try to close all Internetsites and all chrome.exe (that stands for googlechrome I think). If an inernetexplorer is open while playing it could cause lags, too.

3rd: If u still get lags u could try an easy way - install and launch Game Booster (a programm which kills all unnecessary prozesses to improve the gameperformance).

Good luck.

Offline StepS

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 03:41 AM »
try the methods DENnis said. if it didn't help, you may also try AntiLag
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Lex

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 10:01 AM »
What happens if you disable "Use double buffering" in the advanced options menu?

To get to the advanced options menu, make sure you're running the latest version of WA (3.6.31.0), then from the 4-tile WA main menu, click the bottom-right button with question marks, then click "Advanced".

Doing this might introduce screen tearing while scrolling, but might also fix frame drops.  Please try this and tell me the results.  I am not sure exactly what your problem is, so I'm not sure if it'll work, but I think it's useful to try.

Offline style

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 11:36 AM »
I've had the same problems. I got WA from an .iso, tho. Well, i reinstalled it and now it works fine for me.
Try it.

Offline Karlos

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 12:54 PM »
I installed the program Game Booster 3, it didnt make any difference. After, i go to "configure" and mark all option and then it take off the screenlag. Or the screenlag is very small and is insignificant for me. :)
Thanks Dennis, steps, lex and style for help me

Offline Lex

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Your post is ambiguous.  Do you mean you opened the WA advanced configuration menu and enabled all the options, or do you mean you opened the Game Booster 3 configuration menu and enabled all the options?

Offline chakkman

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 12:05 PM »
I doubt that a program named "Game Booster" would have any affect on any game. :)

Offline Karlos

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Your post is ambiguous.  Do you mean you opened the WA advanced configuration menu and enabled all the options, or do you mean you opened the Game Booster 3 configuration menu and enabled all the options?
I mean i opened the game booster 3 configuration and enabled all the options.
Sorry for my bad english jeje