Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:47 AM

Author Topic: About the design  (Read 32577 times)

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
Re: About the design
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Cry just change that in your profile, fool :)

Monkey, is it possible to make non-transparent background for avatars? It kinda messes up few.
I know that I can turn off transparency completely, so maybe I'm just whining. :P

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 07:35 PM »
Actually, Making the site work the same in almost every browser was so hard. 
Unfortunately different browsers behave different in this kind of transparency (Opacity)

I searched a lot for this thing for images. But couldn't find anything that suits for TUS. So that I came up with transparency removing solution myself.

I can make the avatar lose opacity but in IE. (Taking advantage of one of IEs non-standard behaviours :D)

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Face

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 11:05 PM »
I respect your work on how that site looks, but I dont like it. I just hope you could add "lite" (or smth like that) optional layout, so people could actually find something (+removing water, clouds etc.). Or if it's impossible, then at least add option "remove transparency", because as far as I see, it's only possible to turn off transparency in 1 area at the time (the one where mouse pointer is).

Offline wormiverse

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 11:31 PM »
I respect your work on how that site looks, but I dont like it. I just hope you could add "lite" (or smth like that) optional layout, so people could actually find something (+removing water, clouds etc.). Or if it's impossible, then at least add option "remove transparency", because as far as I see, it's only possible to turn off transparency in 1 area at the time (the one where mouse pointer is).

Click "Edit Profile" on the left. Then click on "Forum Profile Information" and scroll down to "Site Look Options"...

Quote from: Rok
AIAHISAISHHAISHIHIEHIDHIEWHIEHIHIEHIUEIUE

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 05:02 AM »
I don't know what you mean by "lite" option. If it means that you could be able to remove water or clouds,

I can add water layers options, like you could choose between 1, 3 or 5 layers. But I can't remove water at all, Because site won't have any footer.

But about the clouds, by setting it to 2, there will be no moving clouds up there, just 2 clouds that won't move.

I have promised BigBilly to put his design as an option too, that has no clouds or water or transparency. Maybe that won't give you a headache. But it just would take some time.

Oh yea and I will add removing transparency at all too. :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Face

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 05:27 PM »

Click "Edit Profile" on the left. Then click on "Forum Profile Information" and scroll down to "Site Look Options"...
Been there, done that way before I posted here. Seemed kinda obvious for me, sadly not for you.

Offline mirux

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 02:45 AM »
I'd like to congratulate the guy who "did" the design. It is good, extraordinary, out of common. It is amazing how you tuned the SMF, very well done.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Thanks man, Glad you like it ^^

btw Welcome to TUS :)

Offline mirux

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 01:00 AM »
You're welcome but there's one thing that's bugging me: Rating system. Are you using any formula based on ELO?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 05:48 AM »
I didn't get you, sorry.
Probably as I didn't get you it means I'm not using some kind of "formula based on ELO".
Come in details please :)

Have you read this already?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 06:12 AM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Big Billy

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 11:55 AM »
By the Way. Where is my Billy Design? :D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 12:20 PM »
The billy design need to be adjust. and it IS going to be there.

One promise at a time ;)

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 06:41 AM »
i like the design.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2024, 03:38 PM »
TUS working fine in vanilla Windows 98SE, RetroZilla 2.2 browser with default user agent :)