Forums
May 10, 2024, 07:08 AM

Author Topic: Add a TuS community rule?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Add a TuS community rule?
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:25 AM »
I was just wondering if it was possible to make a rule against asking for pirate WA downloading on TuS something like this:

Anyone asking for or supplying an illegal copy version of WA on TuS will be punished/banned. (Or something...)

It actually bothers me to see so many scumbags who can't even pay $5 for a copy of WA... Then they claim they love this game/community...

Offline Prankster

Re: Add a TuS community rule?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:37 AM »
I agree that it shouldn't be done on public forums, but I can also easily imagine that there are people who can't buy the game in their country. There's only one option (on the internet) in Hungary as well. Also, why couldn't one who pirated it love the community and the game the same as anyone else?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 08:56 AM »
I've been removing all the links to this game Komo. Have I missed it somewhere? :o
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Also, why couldn't one who pirated it love the community and the game the same as anyone else?

Because love implies support.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Yah I noticed MI, that's cool, just wondering if theres a rule against pubicly asking for an image or if it's ok?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Yah I noticed MI, that's cool, just wondering if theres a rule against pubicly asking for an image or if it's ok?

Sharing an image is not piracy fyi. It's sharing.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 10:21 AM »

It's illegal, and lame, but for me depends on a variation of circumstances.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 10:23 AM »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 10:25 AM »
There's only one option (on the internet) in Hungary as well.

FFie has a legal copy 8)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Yeah, I have a legal copy also, I have an image of the one I purchased years ago, it's for personal use, that's fine.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 10:28 AM »

It's illegal, and lame, but for me depends on a variation of circumstances.

It's not illegal Komo, not at all.

I can send you as many images of WA as I want the same way you can send me as many waffles as you desire (please do, sometime)

it's only illegal when you play it without never having bought it.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 10:52 AM »
ropa, you don't think I know that, stop trying to be a smart arse and realise that people who use that excuse are idiots bullshitting, you honestly think anyone intends to get a copy and NOT use it, please.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 11:30 AM »
ropa, you don't think I know that, stop trying to be a smart arse and realise that people who use that excuse are idiots bullshitting, you honestly think anyone intends to get a copy and NOT use it, please.

When I said that sharing an iso is just sharing you answered saying it's illegal so you're clearly missing at least part of the truth.

All I'm trying to explain to you is that asking an iso is not illegal, and that prohibiting doing so doesn't make any sense, specially for such an old game that you could have physically lost or have scratched by now.

Of course they intend to use it, that's besides the point.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 12:15 PM »
There's only one option (on the internet) in Hungary as well.

FFie has a legal copy 8)

Yeah, what I meant was we found no more than one legal option on the internet:)
And I can easily imagine that in some countries there aren't any..

Also, why couldn't one who pirated it love the community and the game the same as anyone else?

Because love implies support.

But it's not working both way. I mean if you buy W:A, that means you love it, but loving it doesn't necessarily lead to a financial support.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 01:40 PM »
Lol Komo are you trying to be a super hero, online vigilante ?