Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:57 PM

Author Topic: Game chat display on League Game details  (Read 1164 times)

Offline chakkman

Game chat display on League Game details
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I dont think thats a good idea... I dont like the way ppl get exposed that way if they were in a bad mood, pissed off becuase they lost or something. That way we will have even more stupid comments than we have now. Please cut this, if some1 wants to read the chat he can either extract it or watch the replay.

Edit: Note that i also can't be arsed to have my "personal" in-game chat spread over the internet. Even we worms league players should keep some kind of privacy :).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:20 PM by chakkman »

Offline Chicken23

Re: Game chat display on League Game details
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 05:13 PM »
i actually agree here.

I can lose my head at times and also talk about personal things which i like to share with my clan mates, but not the whole community and internet.

Offline beer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 05:53 PM »
its should be hided, and still see taht only if u dwnload the replay

drama queen iz back

Offline pr

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:13 PM »
MI wasted a lot of time to extract chats. Everyone can download replay and read all your priceless talks. There is no reason to hide them.

Offline beer

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 06:34 PM »
eya i guess MI waste more time with this that it should be, for realy xD. i've said this for him, and whats i think.
we just have a fuking superleague, so many tool lol, mutch more then enough.
but about chat, its should be hided. so why u use wipster?cose u wanted a privat mensage. still i dnt mind but, hided would be fair ae

drama queen iz back

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Here are the options: (Pick one)
1. If you type:  '/anon nochat' in the game, system won't extract that game chat?

2. system does not chats in the game page, but you can use search games tool to search within the chats.

3. No chat at all. Like the feature never existed.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline wormiverse

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:07 PM »
You can just write "<" in the start of the game, then the chat won't be uploaded. :)

Quote from: Rok
AIAHISAISHHAISHIHIEHIDHIEWHIEHIHIEHIUEIUE

Offline pr

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 12:07 AM »
ae, write DROP TUS_TABLES in chat and gg tus.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 02:02 AM »
It doesnt even display the whole chat log for big conversations, intrudes on privacy yes, I like drama though so I'd keep it.

I fully understand why you wouldnt want it there though, but hey now you know that all you have to do is type /anon nochat at the start of a game and its problem solved.

But then again people will wonder why the chat hasnt been made public and make them want to downlaod the game to read the chat more, maybe just get rid of it all together. I like it though as it does expose some of the bad attitudes some players have.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:29 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 11:56 AM »
Maybe : Hide it, but someone wanna read it maybe... so There should  be 2 buttons?
1) Click on Hide chat
2) Click on Unhide chat... or something?
(Idiot idea... xD)