Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:56 AM

Author Topic: How to delete my account?  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Kaleu

How to delete my account?
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Cant find
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Korydex

Re: How to delete my account?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 05:37 PM »
:)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:54 PM by Korydex »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:42 PM »
You can't.

It's like FB (both FirstBlood and FaceBook), they want to have a cool database only growing and never shrinking.

(No offense MI, but I really don't like that.  ;) )
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:54 PM »
why do you need it? just dont enter the site

I don't want people watching my stats and stuff.

You can't.

It's like FB (both FirstBlood and FaceBook), they want to have a cool database only growing and never shrinking.

aff, ok thanks.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline StepS

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:48 PM »
bl
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Camper

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:25 PM »
lol Kaleu, you know you can't delete your account...

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44 PM »
relax, that is just a game.

Forget the people who are here to blablabla, Be here to play Worms. Worms is a passion.

Offline magic

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 10:23 PM »
stop drama...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 08:13 AM »
no one looks at your stats except in your own head, kaleu.  make it stop, alborz.  grant his wish.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Gotta make a sticky for deleting accounts, really.

We don't delete accounts because:
1) Almost all of the people asking for it, will comeback someday and ask for their info. An example from Kaleu:
I want credits in the map, I made this green colored version.
Meaning he does care about his stats.

2) Accounts holds posts, games, maps and more. Deleting them also requires deleting those games. What happens to Kaleue's opponents games (2096 games)? They don't want those games to get removed. Holding those games on (with Kaleu's name disappearing), still would point to kalue because of the game replay (or the game chat below). If you see a player name is missing, you simply check the game chat or replay. (oh it was kaleu). They are just history and you can't erase them.

If someone doesn't want to have anything with TUS, they can simply move away and ignore. We'll restrict their access so that nobody can report games against them.

I explained the reasons above.
It's not about bragging about TUS stats, I actually delete bots and duplicate accounts when I see them, I could let them be to have a more impressive stats. One of the worms related websites have like ~40,000 users. I don't know how that's possible (according to 4 years of TUS).

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:28 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 04:24 PM »
If you really think what you said, then that's ok.

Even if the first point is senseless (what if I want to delete this account and start with a new one under another nickname no one knows ? Except you from IP tho).
Plus you can't star a new one, since you don't want duplicates.  ???

And for the second, there are plenty of alternative to handle such a situation. :)

If someone doesn't want to have anything with TUS, they can simply move away and ignore. We'll restrict their access so that nobody can report games against them.
What if you don't want any of your informations being readable ? Simply ignoring won't prevent that.
But there, I guess it's like in real life when you say something, people keep it in mind forever, even if you don't want to.

Sad story is: since it's material, we could remove them.
Such as paper you don't want to see anymore: fire.

On my side, it was because I didn't want to have anything related to TuS since the biased situation (yeah, yeah, mod weren't biased, it's your opinion, mine is different).

PS: Didn't you once said to me it was cause you wanted to keep worms hictoric straight as it was ?
Maybe I'm mistaking with KRD on FB (yeah, shame on you KRD for that one, I like you, but not this shit you did !).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:29 PM by Abnaxus »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 04:48 PM »
You can't.

whaaat? You really can't delete FB (facebook) account? It sucks.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 04:58 PM »
You can't.

You can deactivate it though, so noone sees your profile (except certain people :D) and you're no longer shown as friend of your friends.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:19 PM »
You can't.

You can deactivate it though, so noone sees your profile (except certain people :D) and you're no longer shown as friend of your friends.

damn, I should read regulations before registration ;x

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Yep, otherwise you would have to be a part of humancentipad.  :P