Forums
May 12, 2024, 10:44 PM

Author Topic: How to delete my account?  (Read 2506 times)

Re: How to delete my account?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 09:07 PM »
PS: Didn't you once said to me it was cause you wanted to keep worms hictoric straight as it was ?
Maybe I'm mistaking with KRD on FB (yeah, shame on you KRD for that one, I like you, but not this shit you did !).

No idea what you mean there, our reasons for not deleting FB accounts were the same as MI's for not deleting TUS ones. It's a profile with all sorts of information related to it, from games to forum posts and so on, so it compromises the experience for other users if they keep seeing empty strings on the website where a nickname was supposed to be.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 02:02 AM »
There still can be player name with no other informations tho.

Anyway, I wanted to give a win to a guy (there was a good reason, can't remember which) (or something like that), and you refused, saying you wanted to keep stats as they were in real, blablabla.
We were talking about that year later during a Roper.

But it's fine, just that I didn't like this lack of comprehension (and still don't :p ).
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 02:11 AM »
There still can be player name with no other informations tho.
Why? What's the point in not having your anonymous Wormnet nickname related to the database of game league site? I think both MI and KRD gave good arguments for remaining the statistics intact by not deleting user accounts. And the several "I want my account to be deleted" posts have only one purpose in common, and that's expressing that those users are pissed off in a way and want to turn their back on this community with some drama. Really i don't see any reasons why accounts should be deleted, it would only mean a lot of extra work for the admins here, alongside with messed up stats, and i don't think that's a desirable thing.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 02:16 AM »
and that's expressing that those users are pissed off in a way
Exactly.  :)

Really i don't see any reasons why accounts should be deleted, it would only mean a lot of extra work for the admins here
Just said. And about the extra work, not if people act a logical way so people don't want to leave.

After that, developpers don't give a shit to my point of view tho, so it'll just keep going.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26 AM »
After that, developpers don't give a shit to my point of view tho, so it'll just keep going.
Why would they reply to your posts then, and explain you why it is not possible to get an account deleted? It's not like they give a shit, just because they don't bow down to what you want.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 02:33 AM »
I'm talking about what happenned, not nowadays.

And it's not bowing down to what I want, it's just I disliked what happenned, so I want to leave the group.

Just like when someone leaves a group, there is nothing left behind but memories.

Same for the account. If you want the name on the games, np, it's like memories. But the account itself shouldn't be.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 06:25 AM »
Maybe that was me saying about keeping history. I'd like to keep history as some kind of reference to look back at to. TUS is probably the only league which keeps and collects all the game replays. I have the same view on member accounts as well, mainly because of the history they hold.

But I know what you are talking about, I think the solution to that is we somehow rename the account, so that it sort of satisfies the account holder, but also doesn't break anything in our history.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 08:31 PM »
I was actually about to post that yesterday that you can just re-name people that want to be "forgotten".
Speaking of, you can change my nickname to Anubis again since I am active.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I was actually about to post that yesterday that you can just re-name people that want to be "forgotten".
Speaking of, you can change my nickname to Anubis again since I am active.

I think, u should write pm to MI :P

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 01:08 PM »
should not rename shit either....

i dont wanna look back in my history of tus, and see that i played "chunkylove"

i wanna see that i played kaleu...

if your main goal is to not compromise other members viewing experience then you will fail by letting ppl change name, atleast without a...

chunkylove (ins4nelik3) ((kaleu)) (((snip3r))) 

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 03:50 PM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:34 AM by AlTarf »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 04:06 PM »
Kind of, 2 weeks after you "deleted" it, they deactivate it, it can't be seen or be searched anymore afaic. It never gets really deleted though, once you login again, it is active again, so it remains on their servers.

Btw, i would like to see the option on TUS, that you can deactivate your account too. A simple option in the user control panel would be enough. That way fake reports against inactive players who didn't visit TUS site for a long time could be avoided too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:08 PM by chakkman »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 05:26 PM »
Btw, i would like to see the option on TUS, that you can deactivate your account too. A simple option in the user control panel would be enough. That way fake reports against inactive players who didn't visit TUS site for a long time could be avoided too.
Good solution for fake report tho.