Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:24 PM

Author Topic: Involve more people  (Read 126 times)

Involve more people
« on: November 10, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Hey,
I was thinking about involving 1 or 2 more people in the project. Too many people is not good but I think if we want to do something really serious and good maybe there are some good people to listen to. Of course they need to want to do it :-).
At the moment, I am thinking about:
-Mablak, he is a wise person and his idea are always interresting.
-Darkone, he has been managing league for now a long time. He sure must have some idea in mind.
-Ropa, even if the way he says things are often harsh he often got some point.
-Steps or statik, they are good coder and could help us achieve what we want exactly.

What you guys think ?

Offline HHC

Re: Involve more people
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:08 PM »
I don't mind steps or statik. Cause I believe we need people that take action, not people that just talk a lot.

I haven't been much worth so far. Been busy with stuff, but I hope that after next week I'll have some more time. I have to read a book before wednesday for teh book club and it's quite a bitch  :) And there's a job market i have to go to on thursday... let's just hope that one turns out well (for this project).

I will try to make a set-up next week. I don't have any technical expertise, but I'll try to make an overview of all the features/links on TUS and divide them into a few categories that we can use as a starting point to grant people easy access.
I have also been thinking about a sort of introduction PM that gets sent to each new sign up with a few helpful remarks to help them get around the website and offer them the possibility to ask any quick questions @ a mod (which perhaps could be me, dunno) about TUS and how to league and all that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:12 PM by HHC »

Offline Perfect

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 03:45 AM »
It's up to ya'l. No ropa, please. :)

Offline Perfect

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:33 AM »
On a side though, I don't have too much time on the weekday to dedicate to this, so its more like a part time / weekend thing for me. I'm not too sure how more coding on the design can help as the site is already very advanced; its up to yal.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:36 AM »
I am to invite steps, statik and mablak. Not sure about darkone not because he wouldn't be a good addition but because I am not sure he got time for this.
Anyone has an idea to invite someone else ?

Offline Perfect

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 02:20 AM »
Conny might be a good idea as well. Perhaps he can compose a nice background image, giving the new template a nice touch similar to the team17 website.

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 10:46 AM »
He's fairly new to TUS though (so dunno if he's valuable in discussions here).
But yeah, if you give him something to work on I'm sure it will come out very nicely.  :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Added Conny, Mablak, Statik and StepS. They can view this board now.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04 PM »
okay  :)

can't disagree with that, good picks.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 04:09 PM »
hm? What we are supposed to do there? No1 even pointed me to this topic :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 04:17 PM »
reorganize the TUS system/design to make it more user-friendly statik, especially for noobs  ;)

it's a secret club :P

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 05:09 PM »
oh, some time ago I started to think about developing my own template based on Twitter Bootstrap, but TuS is so huge and my spare time is so little now... There are different themes: http://bootswatch.com/ (I guess people can like this one: http://bootswatch.com/slate/ ). The benefits are very minimalistic design, no annoying animation (sorry MI :D), many useful and tested widgets + fluid template (try to resize the window and you'll see).

Of course, this is not enough to increase the usability, so we gotta move all secondary buttons under submenus or somewhere... Users have problems with more than 7 buttons in 1 menu (can't provide a link now, but it's the truth).

One more sad fact now is I don't really believe our efforts will be useful, game is old, people are just trolling around, no1 is interested in improvements (tested on fairplay and "suggestion for fos" topics...), so... :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Statik you can both help others for design ideas or you can go solo. either way this board is to help you help us :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Thank you very much for including me. I wish I had time doing something for you guys but I'm busy because working on a game at the moment.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Perfect

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 04:29 AM »
Nice input statik, and I can completely relate on the limited time thing.  :D

And np, Conny. Thanks anyway.

MI, can you please remove Conny from the group? (Nothing against you, just trying to keep the group centralized).