Forums
May 18, 2024, 01:02 AM

Author Topic: League rules,  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: League rules,
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Simple solution:

Deadcode/Cybershadow implement pause by host feature. Now you can discuss. Can't be that hard, can it?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 02:56 PM »
Simple solution:

Deadcode/Cybershadow implement pause by host feature. Now you can discuss. Can't be that hard, can it?
pause would be abused.  and with no hotseat time, you could pause at any time.  i can already see people saying "oh darn hit pause by accident" at a key moment in elite.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 03:01 PM »
If we're gonna ask them about a feature, why not the "continue from replay" feature?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 03:34 PM »
Simple solution:

pause would be abused.  and with no hotseat time, you could pause at any time.  i can already see people saying "oh darn hit pause by accident" at a key moment in elite.

Then we just ban them all!

Offline SPW

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 05:01 PM »
Like HHC and Statik said.

Dont be an Idiot!
Fairplay!

The problem: There are idiots and cheating guys out there. So I am with anubeli. Ban! Same in the forums. Mute!

But everyone should have one chance before ban/mute.

A hard and fair judgement is the best way to play an online game. We had problems at EAC also, but in the end every punished guy understood our decision.

TUS having the right mods for the complaint section. They are all fair and neutral. But I wish a harder line.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:02 PM by SPW »

Offline Devilage

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15 PM »
make it 15 seconds hotseat

Smoking proud.

Offline Peja

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 07:53 PM »
complaints dont happen because players are trying to cheat. complaints happen because something is unclear with league rules or how to handle situations. the job of a moderator is to analyse the situation based on the rules and make a call. its not their job to find out who is responsible for trouble in the game. thats why i want moderators who go deep into this and try to adjust rules if some situations tend to appear more often. the first step would be making logs of the complaints and keep track of reasons which lead to a decision. i dont think mods are biased here or not fair. but i neither think thats the main thing it takes to do the job.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline avirex

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 07:57 PM »
in a lag out situation, the team who did not have a player lag out, can choose if he wants to continue or RH...

he should decide right away though, you cant take aggressive turns, and 3 turns later when things are starting to look ugly, you want to rehost... thats not fair.

basically, just like SPW said, that anub and stk said... use common sense, and fair play, and most things are fine....

despite l3x trying to tell me im not fair, i have to disagree, me, or my clan do not make complaints often, we try to resolve any issue with the other players, and most cases it turns out fine...  but every now and then you get clans like l3x, where you cant resolve anything peacefully... thats when the MOD's come and and do the best job they can do...

as DarkOne pointed out, whats the point of having more elaborate rule book, when people cant even take the time to read how to make a complaint?? lol

all your doing is making more work for the mods, and letting the complainers be even more lazy...

if everyone just plays fair, and respectable, theres no issues.

side not: peja, do you want to be a mod?? maybe you can take steps in the direction your talking about... i dont think it will be a bad thing, but only DarkOne and MonkeyIsland have been handeling complaints lately, and they have enough on their plate as it is.... i think we need a new MOD..

i vote peja
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:01 PM by avirex »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 09:01 PM »
I remember in AL when I actually handled complaints myself I always quoted the rulebook in every case I decided. I thought that made most sense and looks fair and professional. And with situations where no rule could be found I'd discuss the matter in staff forum and add the decision that was made to the rulebook as a precedent. I always went strictly with rules, no personal decision, all by the book. Also made for some easy job as moderator and if I'd apply for a complaints mod I'd demand to make precedent cases for unusual complaints which must be added to the rulebook with links to the complaint it happened. :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:03 PM by Anubis »

Offline Devilage

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 09:08 PM »
in a lag out situation, the team who did not have a player lag out, can choose if he wants to continue or RH...

he should decide right away though, you cant take aggressive turns, and 3 turns later when things are starting to look ugly, you want to rehost... thats not fair.

basically, just like SPW said, that anub and stk said... use common sense, and fair play, and most things are fine....

despite l3x trying to tell me im not fair, i have to disagree, me, or my clan do not make complaints often, we try to resolve any issue with the other players, and most cases it turns out fine...  but every now and then you get clans like l3x, where you cant resolve anything peacefully... thats when the MOD's come and and do the best job they can do...

as DarkOne pointed out, whats the point of having more elaborate rule book, when people cant even take the time to read how to make a complaint?? lol

all your doing is making more work for the mods, and letting the complainers be even more lazy...

if everyone just plays fair, and respectable, theres no issues.

side not: peja, do you want to be a mod?? maybe you can take steps in the direction your talking about... i dont think it will be a bad thing, but only DarkOne and MonkeyIsland have been handeling complaints lately, and they have enough on their plate as it is.... i think we need a new MOD..

i vote peja

This has nothign to do with u ur clan or ours, avirex, this is about what it is, so quit finding any excuse to involve us into this, just stick to tell ur opinion not adding us to it

Smoking proud.

Offline avirex

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 09:42 PM »
just using certain clans and ppl as reference relax...

if there was a different clan that was in complaint forum once a week, i would have used them as a reference.. but its just l3x..

im sorry dev.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 05:23 PM »
Nah you just like to be the drama queen, anyway Anubis has a good idea

Smoking proud.