Forums
June 05, 2024, 09:36 PM

Author Topic: TEL-System - Need a change?  (Read 6084 times)

Offline HHC

Re: TEL-System - Need a change?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2010, 08:09 PM »
So back to your question, if you are willing to go through system, analyze its history and see what really the flaw is, and come up and a nice plan that it looks that it works in theory and is simple for people to understand (your previous suggestion just got labeled as complicated), then: YES!

The current system is just as complicated IMO, but I'll do my best to present it in an easy-to-grasp manner.

I'm not an active single league player myself (I can't motivate myself to reach for the top), but I do have experience with the clan league, which works in a similar fashion. TEL, TRL and TNL (?) are different subjects, they are all new leagues that some say require a seperate system. It's gonna be a bit of speculation in that area. But I'll do my best to gather as much info from everyone as I can get to help me. I'll work on it next week and hopefully present something around the 14th or 15th of January.

Offline darKz

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2010, 08:16 PM »
There are people saying that they are stuck in the middle of the system, they are not on top of overall to get "easy" PO spot, and on the other hand, by beating people they earn very few points. But looking at their stats, you see they have played like 20 games in the season and didn't bother to work their way to PO.

Maybe because it's a lot more effort and time you gotta put into it than the top overall and top seasonal guys. It's only fair compared to those who worked hard for their spot (overall top guys) but very unfair compared to those who have low overall points and make their way to playoffs through seasonal rating. :)
I still don't see how it's fair having seasonal playoffs spots.

But that's off-topic.. Sorry, please continue.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2010, 01:38 AM »
cl2k div1 div2 anyone ?
ok that was totally out of context :D
please don't smite me xD

Offline nino

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2010, 01:55 AM »
hmm i dont think so, something like this could be implemented, and maybe would work nice.

+1 xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2010, 02:41 AM »
well, tbh first i thought its not really fair a player gets 15 wins from me, but the matches were more balanced then the others i got on tel.

Maybe somethink, if players like me play tel its not good cause of skills. To fix it we could do a system which includes 2 leagues. in league A are the better players, in league B dudes like me. The best and worst Players would change Leagues in next season. but dunno how to put each player in a league. just an idea.

didn't have the attention span to read every post in this thread, but I like this idea because big boys in the top ladder could battle it out without worrying about noob bashers, and if a noob basher noob bashed his way to the top ladder, he would only be able to play those big boys, and wouldn't last long
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2010, 02:48 AM »
I agree with you Shy, but do we have enough players that play very active to split them apart like this?

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2010, 02:50 AM »
tel has a lot of players... my initial thought was that the top ladder would have much less people in it than the everyone-else ladder
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Vultoz

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2010, 03:14 AM »
We could make the PO's with top 6 overall and top 2 season, this way the best ever active players (that have played enough games in season) could play. And the top 2 season players, even if it is a Pro newcomer in league will be justified, noob players, even winning 60 points for win, normally don't reach top 2, tbh, they barely reach 50% victories playing the overpoint games.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2010, 04:14 AM »
What about going with ShyGuys idea, but give like a 2 game limit with players from the other table?

For example A is best players B is the learner players, But A can play someone from B 2 games max and vice versa.

Offline franz

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2010, 04:40 AM »
these seem like big changes for little benefit, and it also splits our already small community

Offline Random00

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2010, 11:14 AM »
its already hard to find tel games in the afternoon (in europe) and it would be even more impossible if there were just 20 guys or smth in a league.
I mean, theoretically, this idea rocks. But we need at least 50 guys with 100 games per season imo.

Offline Agneau

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2010, 01:06 PM »
yep, it's been 2 days im looking for tel and noone answers!

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2011, 06:50 AM »
cause scared! xDD

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Agneau

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2011, 08:28 AM »
rofl sexy uber, i better understand now :p