Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:37 AM

Author Topic: A karma topic again !  (Read 2005 times)

Offline darKz

Re: A karma topic again !
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 09:26 PM »
We had something very similar in mind for a different league project. ;) It's definitely a good and exciting thing for everyone if it's implemented properly.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 02:21 PM »
Thanks for your support darkz. Sadly, It seems like there's only you and me that are interested in this.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Well, for me this looks like an system where you do things that are natural by using the site anyway. And the rewards are meaningless as well, I don't know who would feel more invested in the site if they get points for doing things they would do nonetheless. Are there really people out there that will do maps if TUS would give them +1 for each upload? I don't know...

I joined a clan => join a clan => +40
Someone visited my profile => someone visit your profile => +1
I downloaded a file => download a file => +2
I downloaded a replay => downloaded a replay => +2
I am TUS god => achieve all possible achievement => +999k

etc...

If people really need motivation to be nice, respectful, helpful etc. then it's not the fault of the Site, it's the fault of the people that need a reward for every little bit they do. Might as well give such people points who use proper punctuation, or how to log in. xD

You either care or you don't care about the site/people. I don't want hundreds of people playing "nice" just because they get points for it. I prefer to know (and like) people the way they are. I don't wanna see devilage all polite and stuff just because he will get points for it. Devilage is devilage (not implying your a bad apple btw!) and every community has bad apples. But even the bad apples give something back in nature. :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:17 PM by Anubis »

Offline Peja

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 05:16 PM »
peja likes your post a lot,  +200