Forums
May 12, 2024, 05:36 AM

Author Topic: Let's blow the dust off the groups!  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Ray

Let's blow the dust off the groups!
« on: October 30, 2010, 04:43 PM »
The Groups part of the site was one of the first ever released and I believe we could add a few stuff to it. :)

• 1. Add custom ranks. The leader of a clan could assign custom ranks for some members and indicate the order of them. Having it custom instead of predefining "Recruiter", "Leader" is necessary, as all the clans call them differently. And the order is for the system to know in which order to put the members on the list.
  • 2. Joining date. If the system knows the date a player joined a group, it would be nice to show it.
  • 3. Active/Inactive status. Even though a player is inactive, that is not shown on the groups page. Would be cool if the leader could put players in inactive status and maybe the number of actually active players could be shown on the list of groups.
  • 4. Previous members. I don't know if the system can remember which groups people were part of, but it would be a nice feature to show who the previous members of a group were.
  • 5. Hall of Fame and statistics. I think the number of statistics regarding groups is so much that even I don't think I've seen them all. And trust me, I know this site pretty damn well. :) My idea is, to merge these statistics to THIS page, but first, I think we could sort out what we need. And this is really really important.

I think a Hall of Fame should be on the top that lists the Trophies that have been won by the clan. Playoff trophies. Wait a second, I can show you an example of this... :)

http://www.ropers-of-honor.com/hall-h3.htm

Something like this.

But I think such pages are not really needed.

Let's discuss this! ;)

Offline Ray

Re: Let's blow the dust off the groups!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 04:46 PM »
  • 6. Add language files.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:26 AM by Ray »

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:24 AM »
  • 7. Group Messages. A link like "Send this clan a message" or something would automatically send messages to every member OR only the selected members OR only the selected ranked members (see point 1.).

Would help organizing clanner playoffs a lot.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:19 AM by Ray »

Offline Random00

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43 AM »
Since noone answered here yet: Nice ideas! Would definetly make TUS even better :)

Offline Camper

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Indeed, Nice ideas

Offline TitiO

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:53 PM »
M.i. , time to work  :D

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 06:23 PM »
  • 7. Group Messages. A link like "Send this clan a message" or something would automatically send messages to every member OR only the selected members OR only the selected ranked members (see point 1.).

Would help organizing clanner playoffs a lot.

hooray!

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Any development here?

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Well, I also agree with that, nice ideas, Ray.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 06:54 PM »
Tourneys are on the way. Probably after that.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.